RAW and JPEG in LR4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAW and JPEG in LR4?

I am obviously doing something wrong! Playing with the new "toy" (E-M5) on a very dull evening I decided to try out more art filters whilst viewing with the LCD. The contrast was very low so I tried the "Pop Art" filter which gave startling but pleasing results. Of course when the camera is set to RAW a jpeg with the selected filter is recorded alongside the ORF. However when I tried to import the jpeg into LR4 I could only see the ORF although both are visible and selectable in Viewer 2. Is there a setting in LR4 where I can see and develop the jpeg that is recorded with a RAW file? Please excuse my ignorance in this.

For interest this is a "Pop Art" image taken in dim evening light at 8pm, processed in PSE9:

I think the colours are very close to what I would expect on a bright day without the strong shadows and highlight burnouts. It is a bit noisy though, especially as the ISO setting was 4000.

Thanks

David
    PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Re: RAW and JPEG in LR4?

There's a setting in LR import which asks if you want jpeg and raw treated as separate files. Make sure that is ticked as appropriate.
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think there is an option buried somewhere in LR. By default, when it thinks that a JPEG and raw file match, it will only show you the raw file. If you can find the option and turn it off, it might show you both.

Alternatively, open the JPEG in another program and just toggle between the windows.

Ciao ... John

Comment

Thanks, found the relevant button in Edit/preferences/general "Treat jpeg files next to RAW files as separate photos"

David
        PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

Working...
        X