Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Windows Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Windows Problem

Following the latest Windows update yesterday I keep geeting a pop up message informing me that the "Synchronization Application stopped working and was closed."

The message continues....."A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

Apart from the message, I haven't noticed any problems (that I don't already have) with the computer. Does anyone know what this means and should I be worried/take action? I have Vista.

Thank you.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Re: Windows Problem

John, nothing to worry about, but Vista is notorious for stuff like this - if it persists and really bothers you just roll back the updates. I never used windows update with Vista due to problems like this, so when I got to the point where everything was working OK, I just disabled it. I would was say a case of it's not broken, why fix it, but Vista is basically broken from a fresh install anyway!!

Edit: Is this only happening when you boot up, or popping up randomly?

Comment

Originally posted by DekHog View Post
      John, nothing to worry about, but Vista is notorious for stuff like this - if it persists and really bothers you just roll back the updates. I never used windows update with Vista due to problems like this, so when I got to the point where everything was working OK, I just disabled it. I would was say a case of it's not broken, why fix it, but Vista is basically broken from a fresh install anyway!!

Edit: Is this only happening when you boot up, or popping up randomly?
      Thanks Derek, if it's not anything to worry about I can live with it. I think it does only happen when I boot up, or shortly afterwards. I've always thought it best to accept the updates but now I'm not sure -as you say the program is basically flawed anyway!
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I don't worry when I get a pop-up like this, just say "P**s off" and close it!.

David
        PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
          Following the latest Windows update yesterday I keep geeting a pop up message informing me that the "Synchronization Application stopped working and was closed."

The message continues....."A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

Apart from the message, I haven't noticed any problems (that I don't already have) with the computer. Does anyone know what this means and should I be worried/take action? I have Vista.

Thank you.
          Mine's doing the same. I expect they'll fix it with the next update.
          Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
          OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
          Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterBirder View Post
            Mine's doing the same. I expect they'll fix it with the next update.
            Or make it worse!

Sorry you are having the same problem, Peter, but it is somehow reassuring!
            John

Comment

Working...
            X