Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Editing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help with Editing

    Hi

    I wondered if there were any tutorials around for the Olympus Master 2 software, i have used Picassa but someone told me that the Oly 2 was better. I cant afford photoshop.
    Thanks in anticipation
    Caroline

  • #2
    Re: Help with Editing

    Originally posted by charty View Post
    Hi

    I wondered if there were any tutorials around for the Olympus Master 2 software, i have used Picassa but someone told me that the Oly 2 was better. I cant afford photoshop.
    Thanks in anticipation
    Caroline
    I don't know of any tutorials but I would suggest you download (free) the newer Viewer 2 software from the Olympus site - it may well save you changing again at a later date.
    Paul

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Help with Editing

      Don't forget Gimp - with Ufraw if you dabble in "raw".

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Help with Editing

        Originally posted by meach View Post
        I don't know of any tutorials but I would suggest you download (free) the newer Viewer 2 software from the Olympus site - it may well save you changing again at a later date.
        Thanks, have done this now!
        I have tried Gimp but had trouble opening it. Guess I just need to decide what I want!
        Thanks
        Caroline

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Help with Editing

          Originally posted by charty View Post
          Hi

          I wondered if there were any tutorials around for the Olympus Master 2 software, i have used Picassa but someone told me that the Oly 2 was better. I cant afford photoshop.
          Thanks in anticipation
          Caroline
          Caroline, It might be worth you having a look at this thread
          http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16255

          It looks like the offer is still running.
          Free and a good program
          Best Regards
          Bill

          The nearest I have to a home page.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
          They're Watching You!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Help with Editing

            Other free programs you may want to look at are FastStone Image Viewer (very good indeed) and Raw Therapee
            Paul

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Help with Editing

              Originally posted by meach View Post
              Other free programs you may want to look at are FastStone Image Viewer (very good indeed) ...
              I'll second that. I used GIMP for quite a while but this is even better and is now the editing software I use most. You get a nice big screen view and operation is quite intuitive.

              Hope this helps.

              p.s. You can download FastStone at http://www.faststone.org
              Peter

              she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

              E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
              OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
              Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Help with Editing

                Originally posted by peak4 View Post
                Caroline, It might be worth you having a look at this thread
                http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16255

                It looks like the offer is still running.
                Oh no it isn't

                Piers

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Help with Editing

                  Originally posted by meach View Post
                  Other free programs you may want to look at are FastStone Image Viewer (very good indeed) and Raw Therapee
                  Has Raw Therapee improved - last time I tried it it fell over everytime I opened an e620 ORF.
                  Jim
                  Jim
                  www.jim-mccabe.co.uk
                  http://www.jimmccabephotography.blogspot.com
                  (My Travels in Aus & NZ)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Help with Editing

                    Originally posted by maccabeej View Post
                    Has Raw Therapee improved - last time I tried it it fell over everytime I opened an e620 ORF.
                    Jim
                    It's not something I use myself, I only mentioned it because I know others rate it highly. I've just tried my copy (V2.4.1 - there may well be more recent versions) and it opens E-620 and E-600 ORFs without any problem.
                    Paul

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Help with Editing

                      Caroline, I use Oly 2 and whereever you are press f1 key and help pops up relevant eg if you select crop !
                      the whole manual is on the HELP pulldown - its very clear. if you get stuck your welcome to pm me, but not about from Fri am to tuesday am this w/end .
                      .
                      .
                      [I].
                      .
                      I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                      Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...


                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

                      the ONE photo album

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X