Do I Need Lightroom 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I Need Lightroom 3?

I have used PS Elements for image manipulation since I first ventured into digital and am currently using version 9. The program seems to do what I need it to do and so much more that I either don't fully understand or feel that I don't need.

However, having read many good things about Lightroom on this forum I decided to download the trial version but have not made best use of the free 30 days, partly because I ordered a 'users guide' from the library which still hasn't arrived.

With my trial period almost up I now have to decide whether to buy LR3 but am still uncertain what it gives me compared to PSE 9? I shoot RAW + JPEG and do almost all image editing on RAW files. The ACR part of Elements looks very similar to the functionality of LR, is this the case or does LR do things differently/better?

Any advice or opinions you may have on the advantages (or otherwise?) of LR will be greatly appreciated.
    Steve

E-M1 Mk II, E-5, E-510, 9-18mm f4-5.6, 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 II, 50-200mm f2.8-3.5 SWD, 5omm f2, EC-14, 14-42mm, 40-150mm, Velbon GEO E640L/PHD64Q, METZ 48 AF-1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stoates/
Working...
X