Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Wartime Bridgend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wartime Bridgend

Took my Agfa Isolette II to a Wartime Bridgend event last weekend. It's from the 1950s rather than 40s but it still looks the part at events like this. I also have an Isolette with an Agnar 75mm f/4.5 but it's nowhere near as sharp as the Solinar in the Isolette 2.

Anyway, the photos...
    First the camera itself and then every photo from the roll of Delta 400 that I shot on the day. Wish I'd had Tri-X for a slightly more authentic look, but Delta 400 was all I had on hand.

Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8
    OM-1N, OM-10, OM-4ti, 24mm/2.8, 50mm/1.8, 85mm/2, Tamron 70-210mm/3.5
    cariadus.com | flickr | tumblr

Re: Wartime Bridgend

Excellent images from a lovely little camera. Nicely done Roger.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
      Excellent images from a lovely little camera. Nicely done Roger.
      Thanks Phil! Not many quality medium format cameras you can fold up and put in your pocket. I really should use it more often though.
      Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

Well done. The groups shots have come out exceptionally well.
        Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
        Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
        Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
        Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
        Learn something new every day

Comment

Nice captures with an authentic feel to them.

I still have the Agfa Isola1. The one where you slightly twist the front of the lens and it comes out on a tube.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
            Nice captures with an authentic feel to them.

I still have the Agfa Isola1. The one where you slightly twist the front of the lens and it comes out on a tube.
            I like the look of the Isola 1. A bit limited on shutter speed I believe though - isn't it limited to 1/50th sec or something?

Originally posted by OM USer View Post
            Well done. The groups shots have come out exceptionally well.
            Thanks!
            Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

Originally posted by cariadus View Post
              I like the look of the Isola 1. A bit limited on shutter speed I believe though - isn't it limited to 1/50th sec or something?
              Ooohhh, I really couldn't say. It must be at least 50 years since I used it . It still looks like new, even though the Agfa case it's in has a weld where the strap broke.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
                Ooohhh, I really couldn't say. It must be at least 50 years since I used it . It still looks like new, even though the Agfa case it's in has a weld where the strap broke.
                Obviously time to put some film in it.
                Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

You have a lovely collection of images there. The quality is perhaps a little too good for the era, but one or two details aside, such as the 21st century radio microphone, they really could have been taken in the 1940's. I would love to get along to one of these events sometime.
                  ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                    You have a lovely collection of images there. The quality is perhaps a little too good for the era, but one or two details aside, such as the 21st century radio microphone, they really could have been taken in the 1940's. I would love to get along to one of these events sometime.
                    Yes you're probably right about the quality. I also have an Isolette with an Agnar lens which is not so sharp and has more of a vintage look to it. And Tri-X probably would have suited better if I'd had any.

Fortunately I sometimes get to go to this sort of thing for work, so not only do I get to attend I get paid for it as well.
                    Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

Excellent photos Roger. I particularly like the group shots.

Comment

Well done for making every shot count! This is an excellent set with a real vintage feel and proof that you don't need expensive equipment to make great photographs.
                        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by kpmg View Post
                          Excellent photos Roger. I particularly like the group shots.
                          Thanks!

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                          Well done for making every shot count! This is an excellent set with a real vintage feel and proof that you don't need expensive equipment to make great photographs.
                          Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

Working...
                          X