Olympus Mju II, Ilford Delta 400 @ 800

Pathway, Avebury
    Olympus Mju II, Ilford Delta 400 @ 800
    Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8
    OM-1N, OM-10, OM-4ti, 24mm/2.8, 50mm/1.8, 85mm/2, Tamron 70-210mm/3.5
    cariadus.com | flickr | tumblr

Re: Avebury

I've mentioned elsewhere that you can use ordinary paper, develop it and then peel the emulsion of the backing. you can then use this to contact print a positive image. Modern papers seem to have a plastic film that makes the peeling easy.

(I think that every photographer that's been to Avebury has photographed those roots!)

Jim

Comment

Many years since I was there. Challenging equipment but looks like you have the measure of it.
      Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
      Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
      Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
      Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
      Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
        I've mentioned elsewhere that you can use ordinary paper, develop it and then peel the emulsion of the backing. you can then use this to contact print a positive image. Modern papers seem to have a plastic film that makes the peeling easy.
        Some people don't even remove the backing to make prints: https://www.filmshooterscollective.c...er%20negatives
        Not something that I've tried yet.

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
        (I think that every photographer that's been to Avebury has photographed those roots!)
        They are very photogenic, aren't they?!
        Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

Originally posted by OM USer View Post
          Many years since I was there. Challenging equipment but looks like you have the measure of it.
          Thanks. The RSS 5x4 is definitely challenging to use. For one thing it has an ultra wide field of view, something like 9 or 10mm as a 35mm equivalent.

Harman Direct Positive Paper is also quite challenging. It's very slow (ISO of about 3) and very contrasty. You can pre-flash the paper to reduce contrast but I used it straight.
          Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

I really like these pics Roger, they are very atmospheric. Nos. 2 and 3 especially.

I have a Zero Image pinhole camera which takes 120 roll film. It also has a very wide field of view and no viewfinder, but I find that if I look at something directly the field of view approximates to my field of vision. I haven't used it for many years, perhaps I should have another go. The attachment was taken at Fountains Abbey, printed using the lith process which is almost completely uncontrollable but when it works produces some lovely results.
            Attached Files
            Regards
            Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Otto View Post
              I really like these pics Roger, they are very atmospheric. Nos. 2 and 3 especially.

I have a Zero Image pinhole camera which takes 120 roll film. It also has a very wide field of view and no viewfinder, but I find that if I look at something directly the field of view approximates to my field of vision. I haven't used it for many years, perhaps I should have another go. The attachment was taken at Fountains Abbey, printed using the lith process which is almost completely uncontrollable but when it works produces some lovely results.
              Thanks Richard. I've always liked the look of those Zero Image cameras. And that shot is truly spectacular.
              Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

Working...
              X