Hasselblad H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasselblad H1

Blimey, my third post in a week. What's got into me...?

Anyway, if anyone is curious about the Hasselblad H1 that I mentioned in my last post about shooting on Velvia and how could it possibly replace my beautiful V System Hasselblad, I've written an article about it:
    https://www.filmshooterscollective.c...r-harrison-1-8

I suppose the H1 could qualify for Nostagia Nexus as either a film camera or digital, since I can shoot both with it and the H1 and P25 digital back are of 2005 vintage (or thereabouts). But as the article is on filmshooterscollective.com it is purely about film.

I mostly use the digital back for work photos (in my job as a chauffeur I sometimes have to double as an event photographer) but I do use it for other things occasionally. These were all taken with the the H1 and Phase One P25.

Storm waves at Barry Island, April 2018. The highest waves I've even seen in Barry

In case you were wondering what the waves looked like from inside the balustrade in the photo above

Maesteg Cemetery

Penarth Pier

And for anyone wondering how the photos from the P25 back compares to an m43 camera... the sensor size of the P25 is four times the size of that in my E-M5 (original version) and the image quality is better - but only just. The E-M5 runs the medium format back pretty close (but the P25 is ten years older of course). And the E-M5 is far more flexible in ISO. The P25 is unusable above 400, and it's best not to go over 200 if you can help it.

If I wanted to shoot digital only the E-M5 would make far more sense, but as an add-on to what to me is a primarily film camera, the P25 is ideal.
    Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8
    OM-1N, OM-10, OM-4ti, 24mm/2.8, 50mm/1.8, 85mm/2, Tamron 70-210mm/3.5
    cariadus.com | flickr | tumblr

Re: Hasselblad H1

Roger you mention the sensor of the P25 is 4x the size of the EM5. Since the area of the MFT senior is 1/4 of 135 FF (35mm) that makes the P25 the size of 35mm FF. In other words the digital back is not MF. Sounds odd.

Excellent photos of course.
    Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
      Roger you mention the sensor of the P25 is 4x the size of the EM5. Since the area of the MFT senior is 1/4 of 135 FF (35mm) that makes the P25 the size of 35mm FF. In other words the digital back is not MF. Sounds odd.

Excellent photos of course.
      Ah OK, it's more than 4 times the size then. It's double the size of 35mm full frame.

And thanks!
      Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

Very nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by cariadus View Post
          Ah OK, it's more than 4 times the size then. It's double the size of 35mm full frame.

And thanks!
          “Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
          ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
            Japan is amazing so I'm going back early this December
            When my daughter came back from Japan, she summed it up as a 'weird place, full of weird people!'.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
              Very nice work.
              Thanks Keith.

Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

Working...
              X