New Year's Day Swim, Barry Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year's Day Swim, Barry Island

I also took some on my little Olympus Mju II point and shoot, also on Fuji C200.

And no, I didn't swim myself!
    Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8
    OM-1N, OM-10, OM-4ti, 24mm/2.8, 50mm/1.8, 85mm/2, Tamron 70-210mm/3.5
    cariadus.com | flickr | tumblr

Re: New Year's Day Swim, Barry Island

Good set, Roger. Makes me feel cold just looking at them, which is really what I need on the day our central heating isn't working!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
      Good set, Roger. Makes me feel cold just looking at them, which is really what I need on the day our central heating isn't working!
      Oh dear, sorry to hear about the central heating - not what you want in the middle of January. Hope it gets sorted soon.

The air temperature on New Year's Day was actually very mild, but the water was very cold so yes, I definitely wouldn't have fancied going in.
      Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

Originally posted by cariadus View Post
        Oh dear, sorry to hear about the central heating - not what you want in the middle of January. Hope it gets sorted soon.

The air temperature on New Year's Day was actually very mild, but the water was very cold so yes, I definitely wouldn't have fancied going in.
        Plumber is due later today and temperature is quite mild at the moment, so should be okay. Those pics still make me feel cold though....
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
          Plumber is due later today and temperature is quite mild at the moment, so should be okay. Those pics still make me feel cold though....
          Hope the plumber has managed to fix it and you're feeling a bit warmer now.
          Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

Lovely collection of photographs. You have captured the mood well. The slight film grain actually adds to the feel.

Interesting to note that many of those taking part have fairly good insulation built in.
            ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Lovely images, with a fine vintage feel.
              Regards,
              Mark

------------------------------
              http://www.microcontrast.com
              Too much Oly gear.
              Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
              Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                Lovely collection of photographs. You have captured the mood well. The slight film grain actually adds to the feel.

Interesting to note that many of those taking part have fairly good insulation built in.
                Haha, yes - and thanks!
                Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8

Comment

Working...
                X