Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Recomendation Wide Angle Lens 4thirds for E510 Olympus camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomendation Wide Angle Lens 4thirds for E510 Olympus camera

https://www.ffordes.com/p/SH-18-2222...f4-56-ed-zuiko
    Last edited by Mark_R2; 19th August 2019, 05:36 PM. Reason: Extra info

Comment

Re: Recomendation Wide Angle Lens 4thirds for E510 Olympus camera

Even with the 9-14, you may well struggle to get a decent depth of field.
      Will your photo processing software allow 'focus stacking'? I have only tried it once, -hand held, so it wasn't awfully sharp, but did show an increased depth of field. You might get away with your existing lens at 14mm and a tripod.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Lister View Post
        Even with the 9-14, you may well struggle to get a decent depth of field.
        Will your photo processing software allow 'focus stacking'? I have only tried it once, -hand held, so it wasn't awfully sharp, but did show an increased depth of field. You might get away with your existing lens at 14mm and a tripod.

Thanks very much for taking the time Ken. Heard of this stacking but no not what it is all about.

Will have a look.

Thanks very much.

Laurie

Comment

If your problem is that your subjects are long and thin, how about taking several photos and stitching them together into a panorama? There are all sorts of tools available to do this - for Windows users Microsoft ICE (I think) is free and does a decent job, and Photoshop and probably Lightroom can do it. It can take a bit of effort to get your head round them, but there are demos on the web. And if you get stuck you can always ask on here, there is a wealth of experience.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
            If your problem is that your subjects are long and thin, how about taking several photos and stitching them together into a panorama? There are all sorts of tools available to do this - for Windows users Microsoft ICE (I think) is free and does a decent job, and Photoshop and probably Lightroom can do it. It can take a bit of effort to get your head round them, but there are demos on the web. And if you get stuck you can always ask on here, there is a wealth of experience.

John

Thanks John very nice of you to take the time.

Yes I had decided that may be the option. I use an Olympus edit system which has a panorama set up . I will try that.

Thanks again.

Laurie

Comment

Panorama is a way to go. Since your models are stagnant, you may consider a tripod, nodal bar and some lighting. As for stitching, if it's for non commercial use, that microsoft ICE and Oly's Panorama function should be sufficient.
              * Henry
              * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Originally posted by blu-by-u View Post
                Panorama is a way to go. Since your models are stagnant, you may consider a tripod, nodal bar and some lighting. As for stitching, if it's for non commercial use, that microsoft ICE and Oly's Panorama function should be sufficient.

Thanks very much blu. More or less came to the decision. A lot less expensive as well.

Now to go off & find what a nodle bar is & how to use. Thanks.

Laurie

Comment

The-nodal point. hehehe The point where the light enters the camera. You may even need to buy a cheap macro stack or a reverse adapter for the lens you are using. But I would suggest you get a stack with connection then those without at least it can be used for all your lenses. If you can get the Oly EX25 it would be the best. (not sure if this would work with kit lenses)

BTW, what lenses do you have?
                  * Henry
                  * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Originally posted by laurie View Post
                    Now to go off & find what a nodle bar is & how to use. Thanks.

Laurie
                    You might have more luck with nodal.

If you mount the lens on a tripod, with the nodal point right above the tripod bush, panning by rotating the lens around that point does not introduce parallax as it turns.

Harold
                    The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Complete rewrite
                      You may want to try and move the camera sideways rather than rotate it as it may give better results
                      OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Sideways? like the Sony Sweep Panorama?
                        * Henry
                        * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Originally posted by alfbranch View Post
                          Complete rewrite
                          You may want to try and move the camera sideways rather than rotate it as it may give better results
                          Only if you want a plethora of parallax!

Harold
                          The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

I think if moving it sideways would create a 3D photo
                            * Henry
                            * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Henry thanks for that link I definitely learnt something, hopefully I'll remember it when I next do a panorama
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Working...
                              X