Lumix 7-14 f4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumix 7-14 f4

The weather was rather gloomy today and my wife was entertaining some Lady friends, so I took myself off the the NRM at Shildon.

This is a good place to use my Panasonic 7-14 f4.

Before going into the museum, I noticed that the Flying Scotsman had arrived and was parked in the yard.

This was one of the several shots:

It shows how the W/A can frame a subject through an rather narrow gap.

I spent quite some time examining the various W/A lenses, before buying this one.

It was only after I had got the lens, that I learnt that in some lighting conditions it can produce a purple flare, but allegedly only with Olympus Cameras and not Panasonic.

This shot shows a purple patch on the black area of the smoke box.

I could probably get rid of it in PP but I decided to leave it and find out whether anyone has had this experience?
    Peter J

OM-D E-M1 OMD-E-M5ii Various Olympus lenses

Re: Lumix 7-14 f4

It is very common and well documented. It can be removed with a Wratten filter on the back of the lens. Article here https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51390321
    Stuff from Cuba
    More stuff from Cuba
    It all started here

Comment

Thanks for that! There is a solution for the problem that I did not know that I had.

It certainly does not happen all the time, and it is often fairly slight, and can be fixed in LR simply by reducing the saturation of the purple. This must be done in LR rather than PS. Unless I am mistaken, purple exists in LR but not in PS.

Here is one that had similar purple until I did it my way.

I would be very nervous about trying to modify the back of the lens, which ends up inside the camera body.
      Peter J

OM-D E-M1 OMD-E-M5ii Various Olympus lenses

Comment

See this post and various other ones on the same thread re the filter.
        Best Regards
        Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
        They're Watching You!

Comment

Originally posted by Pjphoto59 View Post
          a/1198/scotsman2.jpg[/img][/url]

I would be very nervous about trying to modify the back of the lens, which ends up inside the camera body.
          If you use the replacement back plate to hold the filter there is nothing to worry about. I did mine two or three years ago.

Harold
          The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Working...
          X