4/3 50-200 f2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! 4/3 50-200 f2.8

Does any one know if this lens (obviously with the correct adapter) will do pro-capture low on the EM1MK11, ime guessing it will do high but ime looking for a cheapish lens to do low.

Re: 4/3 50-200 f2.8

Hi,

"Pro Capture low" should not be constrained by the choice of lens. What may take some time is the initial focus acquisition as it is a 4/3 lens, however, once focus has been acquired the camera should be able to fire at up to 60 fps. I suppose you mean in AF-S (or MF) mode.

I have that camera and lens (the SWD version) and could do a quick test.

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Originally posted by Tordan58 View Post
      Hi,

"Pro Capture low" should not be constrained by the choice of lens. What may take some time is the initial focus acquisition as it is a 4/3 lens, however, once focus has been acquired the camera should be able to fire at up to 60 fps. I suppose you mean in AF-S (or MF) mode.

I have that camera and lens (the SWD version) and could do a quick test.

Thanks, pro-capture low is constrained by your lens,in the sense it will only work with Olympus lenses,so it must be something in the camera that decides which lenses to let it to work with, it would work in pro-capture high as that will work with Panasonic lenses.
      I was looking for a lens that will work in the low setting using AF-C.
      If you have time to check it for me i would appreciate it.

Thanks
      mike

Comment

What will limit the frame rate you're able to achieve is the performance of the lens iris. For fastest results shoot with the lens wide open.
        Best wishes

Wildwood

Comment

Originally posted by Wildwood View Post
          What will limit the frame rate you're able to achieve is the performance of the lens iris. For fastest results shoot with the lens wide open.

Thanks but the frame rate isnt the problem its will it work in low with this lens.

Comment

I have the SWD version and the E-M1ii and have just tested, linking via the MMF-3 adaptor. It would appear that Pro-Capture L is not available, being grayed out, but Pro-Capture H is there to select. As an aside, I found that using the 50-200 SWD in continuous L was very slow until I thought to check the firmware on the lens. It needed updating and was much speedier once that had been done, although perhaps not as fast as a MFT lens.

Cheers,

JohnGG

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGG View Post
              I have the SWD version and the E-M1ii and have just tested, linking via the MMF-3 adaptor. It would appear that Pro-Capture L is not available, being grayed out, but Pro-Capture H is there to select. As an aside, I found that using the 50-200 SWD in continuous L was very slow until I thought to check the firmware on the lens. It needed updating and was much speedier once that had been done, although perhaps not as fast as a MFT lens.

Cheers,

JohnGG

Thanks for that, i can get high with my 100-400 i did use low a fair bit when i had my 40-150 but sold it and wanted to get back to it on the cheap

Comment

There's a list of Pro Capture lenses available part way down THIS PAGE

Essentially for Pro Capture Low, only Olympus mFT or fully manual lenses.
                Presumably the latter work, as there is no delay in stopping down the aperture as it's fixed.
                Best Regards
                Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
                They're Watching You!

Comment

Originally posted by peak4 View Post
                  There's a list of Pro Capture lenses available part way down THIS PAGE

Essentially for Pro Capture Low, only Olympus mFT or fully manual lenses.
                  Presumably the latter work, as there is no delay in stopping down the aperture as it's fixed.
                  Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

I tested too and can confirm Pro Capture L is disabled.

Pro Capture H is enabled though so Pro Capture can be used when the distance to subject is static. (That's what I meant with AF-S in my first reply).

I also tested when stopping down and the camera cranked out frames at the same speed as when shooting fully open. The initial closure of the iris occurs when actuating the release shutter button.

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Originally posted by Tordan58 View Post
                      I tested too and can confirm Pro Capture L is disabled.

Pro Capture H is enabled though so Pro Capture can be used when the distance to subject is static. (That's what I meant with AF-S in my first reply).

I also tested when stopping down and the camera cranked out frames at the same speed as when shooting fully open. The initial closure of the iris occurs when actuating the release shutter button.

Thanks, i do have situations when high in combination with my 100-400 will suffice but i found with the 40-150 when i had it on low came in handy, especialy for fastish birds flying towards me like this.
                      My guess would be this is from before i pressed the shutter button.

p6130091_42772256781_o by electric.mike, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X