Zuiko 300mm PRO glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zuiko 300mm PRO glitch

The lens does not focus at all? Have you possibly released the focus clutch, by mistake? It happens to me quite often.

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Originally posted by Bengeo View Post
      Yes. I found it was focusing just in front of a bird and so I did some tests and +5 has put it spot on. The 300mm on its own is fine.
      Interesting... there should be no front/back focus issues with CDAF. I will test mine and see if the TC makes any difference.

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Originally posted by Tordan58 View Post
        Interesting... there should be no front/back focus issues with CDAF. I will test mine and see if the TC makes any difference.

C-AF uses PDAF and that can be variable. But mine also shows the problem using S-AF where it will be using CDAF and it should be OK. But the +5 adjustment doesn't work in S-AF. I need to send it in, but I keep putting it off because I want to use it.
        Andy
        bengeo.com

Comment

I frequently have a similar problem to yours Mark. I see a bird and place the AF target over it but when I half press the shutter button all I see in the view finder is a smudge instead of the bird. Repeating the process doesn't help and all I can do is focus on the ground in front of me and try again. This usually works but often the opportunity has passed by then.

I assumed this was due to poor technique on my part (most likely) or Olympus's rather 'iffy' AF system. I had never considered that it could be a problem with the lens. I look forward to hearing if you can resolve the issue.

Ron

Comment

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Try shooting from a tripod or monopod and see if that improves things.
              Best wishes

Wildwood

Comment

Working...
              X