Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

    Originally posted by Bengeo View Post
    Kestrel at RSPB Rye Meads with 1.4x converter.

    Lovely, although a touch over-sharpened?

    Comment


    • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

      Originally posted by Bengeo View Post
      Kestrel at RSPB Rye Meads with 1.4x converter.
      Nice one Andy and some real beauties on your flickr pages. Interesting links to other 300mm f4 images as well thanks for sharing.
      John

      OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1

      Comment


      • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

        Originally posted by Nawty View Post
        Lovely, although a touch over-sharpened?
        Possibly, I try not to overdo it, but it is such a sharp lens that perhaps I could lay off a bit. That was processed from Raw - the original unprocessed JPG is here:
        http://www.bengeo.com/images/E-M1_00537.JPG
        Andy
        bengeo.com

        Comment


        • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

          Originally posted by Bengeo View Post
          Possibly, I try not to overdo it, but it is such a sharp lens that perhaps I could lay off a bit. That was processed from Raw - the original unprocessed JPG is here:
          http://www.bengeo.com/images/E-M1_00537.JPG
          I think somewhere between the two would be nice, I like the colour and contrast adjustments but do feel it's over-sharpened.

          With my m43 cameras I find they need very little sharpening and definitely benefit from reducing the radius down to 0.6ish, especially if cropping in and especially with the sharp lenses.

          Comment


          • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

            Originally posted by ayewing View Post
            I tried to register my new Pro 300mm on the Olympus website but it would not recognise the serial number and the Pro 300mm is not incuded in the list of products. I sent an email to customer service who replied promptly saying that it will be included for online registration in mid April.
            As a follow up to this post, the Olympus website now accepts registration of the 300mm F4 Pro lens. I successfully registered mine today with the usual extended warranty of 2 years 6months.
            Archie

            Comment


            • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

              Some excellent shots on this thread guys, the lens looks amazing, but also have to attribute skill to the photographers too, well done.

              Paul

              Comment


              • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

                Here's a close up with the MC-14.

                Comment


                • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

                  Wow, what a lovely shot Tony. Isn't that quite early for a Green Hairstreak?

                  Ron

                  Comment


                  • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

                    Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
                    Wow, what a lovely shot Tony. Isn't that quite early for a Green Hairstreak?

                    Ron
                    It is indeed, but one was seen at this site (Rodborough Common) on 3rd April this year! Nature doesn't know whether it's coming or going .

                    Comment


                    • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

                      Tony,
                      Very fine.
                      I see there's not much DOF at 420mm - even at f6.7
                      Chris

                      Comment


                      • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

                        Originally posted by Gwyver View Post
                        Tony,
                        Very fine.
                        I see there's not much DOF at 420mm - even at f6.7
                        The butterfly was angled towards the sun so I couldn't get high enough to get the whole thing in focus. It was sitting on a 9-inch high bush on a steep slope so the background was quite close but I was still pleased by the background separation.

                        Comment


                        • Another Green Hairstreak

                          Comment


                          • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

                            I was idly looking at the stock situation for the 300 f/4 on Camerapricebuster a little while ago and clicked on Wilkinson Cameras. The lens came up without any of the usual warnings about pre-ordering only, unlike the Panasonic 100-400 and various other lenses. I even added it to my basket and hastily cancelled it as, once again, there was nothing to say that it cannot be ordered.

                            I am sure the lens is probably not in stock but if anyone is desperate to get their hands on one it might be worth following up. Nothing ventured ... I have to add that I do not know anything about Wilkinson Cameras and have no idea if they are any good or not.

                            Ron

                            Comment


                            • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

                              I have dealt with Wilkinson Cameras in the past. They are a reliable firm that gives good service. I think m0st of their stores are in the North of England. Anybody interested should phone them regarding stock availability.
                              Archie

                              Comment


                              • Re: Olympus 300mm F4 Pro Lens

                                Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
                                I was idly looking at the stock situation for the 300 f/4 on Camerapricebuster a little while ago and clicked on Wilkinson Cameras. The lens came up without any of the usual warnings about pre-ordering only, unlike the Panasonic 100-400 and various other lenses. I even added it to my basket and hastily cancelled it as, once again, there was nothing to say that it cannot be ordered.

                                I am sure the lens is probably not in stock but if anyone is desperate to get their hands on one it might be worth following up. Nothing ventured ... I have to add that I do not know anything about Wilkinson Cameras and have no idea if they are any good or not.

                                Ron
                                Whoops, they have no stock any more!

                                I didn't manage to stop myself clicking the buy now button....
                                I didn’t get where I am today....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X