Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Sigma 1000 mm F:3.5 OM mount ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Re: Sigma 1000 mm F:3.5 OM mount ?

I took some photos at the Zoo yesterday using the Sigma handheld. It was extremely challenging and actually a joy !
      It was a nice challenge being forced to go manual and try to get the best out of this beast.
      Focussing is very hard due to F:13.5 Aperture and very shallow DOF, the kit is almost too light for efficent control handheld.
      All too often the subject moved out of frame before I could focus and shoot.
      The photo's are NOT intended for 'looking for perfection thread'. they are soft , neither very well composed or focussed and should not be viewed in more than 1024*768 pixels.
      I look forward to see what it can do a sunny day on a tripod, using Pen EP-1 with ISO 3200 etc. Will probably just be an interesting novelty for casual photohraphy rather than a serious tool.

Settings: 1/1000 second shutter, ISO800 - 1600. Noise control High
      Distance to object is a very rough estimate.

At approx 30 meters

The next two is 50-70 meters

Probably 15-18 meters

Very large banner at more than 100 meters

Bird portrait's at approx 7-8 meters

Comment

Working...
      X