14-42 lens EZ ED MSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14-42 lens EZ ED MSC

The above lens is usually attached to my E-PL6 for snapshots when out and about walking etc.

This morning I found a problem with the lens. It has ceased to AF or MF ( by wire ) at the long end of the zoom but maybe D of F is making it look OK at shorter zooms.

My 12-40 lens works properly on theE-PL6. The 14-42 has the same problems on my EM10 as the E-PL6.

I have cleaned the contacts on the 14-42 lens. I can see nothing amiss on the exterior of the lens.

I guess the lens is scrap because it is not worth paying a professional repairer to repair it.

But as a last resort has anyone any suggestions about how to bring it back to life please ?

Jeff

Re: 14-42 lens EZ ED MSC

Originally posted by chorleyjeff View Post
    The above lens is usually attached to my E-PL6 for snapshots when out and about walking etc.

This morning I found a problem with the lens. It has ceased to AF or MF ( by wire ) at the long end of the zoom but maybe D of F is making it look OK at shorter zooms.

My 12-40 lens works properly on theE-PL6. The 14-42 has the same problems on my EM10 as the E-PL6.

I have cleaned the contacts on the 14-42 lens. I can see nothing amiss on the exterior of the lens.

I guess the lens is scrap because it is not worth paying a professional repairer to repair it.

But as a last resort has anyone any suggestions about how to bring it back to life please ?

Jeff

Given you have tried all the usual fixes and Divine Intervention is unlikely in this instance, a sales listing on Ebay for "Spares Or Repair" may be preferable to simply throwing it in the rubbish bin.

Jax

Comment

Thanks for reply.
      It didn't cross my mind that there is any value in a non working kit lens.
      I'll check out listings of similar.
      Jeff

Comment

As suggested listed on EBay.
        Amazingly there is a bid that will buy me a bottle of red plus postage.
        Cheers
        Jeff

Comment

Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Working...
          X