New MC 20 announced.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New MC 20 announced.

Ordered from Olympus shop (with discount code) and got confirmation email. But it does not show the order in the "Order Overview" section of my Oly Shop account. Is this normal?
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/macg33zr/

Comment

Originally posted by BDennis View Post
      Ordered from Olympus shop (with discount code) and got confirmation email. But it does not show the order in the "Order Overview" section of my Oly Shop account. Is this normal?
      It should appear there after the order has started to be processed. Is the email just the initial confirmation of order? You could phone 00800 - 659 678 73 and you'll get through to somebody who speaks English.

Mine was ordered on Friday 28th, expected in UK this afternoon and delivery on Tuesday.

Comment

With the 40-150

Not as impressive as with the 300 f4 , but should be ok with butterflies in the higher fs.
        Stuff from Cuba
        More stuff from Cuba
        It all started here

Comment

Originally posted by DavidB View Post
          It should appear there after the order has started to be processed. Is the email just the initial confirmation of order? You could phone 00800 - 659 678 73 and you'll get through to somebody who speaks English.

Mine was ordered on Friday 28th, expected in UK this afternoon and delivery on Tuesday.
          Thanks it sounds like my order is still in the processing queue as I have only got the initial confirmation so far. I imagine they have a backlog with all this interest :-)

Comment

I collected two from LCE Colchester on Friday, they had one remaining in stock if anyone's keen to get one.

Comment

Those dragons look pretty good Andrew. I think it will do for me as an alternative to the Panny 100-400.
              What was the subject distancd on those shots?
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
                Those dragons look pretty good Andrew. I think it will do for me as an alternative to the Panny 100-400.
                What was the subject distancd on those shots?
                About 7-8 feet.
                Stuff from Cuba
                More stuff from Cuba
                It all started here

Comment

• EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

Yup, you need to have updated firmware on both relevant lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon525 View Post
                      Yup, you need to have updated firmware on both relevant lenses.
                      Hi

Updated the lenses but not the camera and all works fine. Didn't want to lose all of my settings, so far so good
                      EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

I remember once when Olympus put out a firmware update for the 4/3 teleconvertor EC14. I wonder if the MC-XX convertors are updatable..

Comment

Bearing in mind the loss of 2 stops, and hence the need for slower shutter speeds and/or higher ISO settings, is there any real benefit over cropping images using the unextended lens I wonder??

Chris
                          Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!

Comment

Originally posted by CJJE View Post
                            Bearing in mind the loss of 2 stops, and hence the need for slower shutter speeds and/or higher ISO settings, is there any real benefit over cropping images using the unextended lens I wonder??

Chris
                            I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Originally posted by BDennis View Post
                              I remember once when Olympus put out a firmware update for the 4/3 teleconvertor EC14. I wonder if the MC-XX convertors are updatable..
                              No, there is no processor etc in the MC14 & MC20 as they use one of two coding connection pins (with an internal link or diode perhaps) to the respective lens which identifies the TC being used which reports it to the camera.
                              Ross
                              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

The proof would (should) be in the raw file pixel size.
                                Ross
                                I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                                Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                                Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                                Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                                Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Working...
                                X