New MC 20 announced.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New MC 20 announced.

My order is now marked as 'shipped', but no tracking info yet.

Would be great to get it before visiting Exmoor/Durlstone/Arne next week, but an express 24 hr delivery would prevent an earlier trip elsewhere. (It's a hard, hectic life being early retired).

Comment

• Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
        Really looking forward to seeing some results. I guess, to be fair you might have work at the first few. My worry is, is the IS up to it. I am hoping Oly have sorted that with the latest update....

Good luck, you are our guide......………….
        My MC-14 (bought with 40 - 150 f2.8) has almost never been off my 300mm f4 since I aquired the latter.

Hoping my MC-20 will perform as well.

Comment

Think yourself lucky my camera is the em1 mk1 :-(
          EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

My MC-20 should be arriving from SRS today.
            Big problem is that I have a busted ankle at the moment, so can’t get out to try it for a while!

Coincidentally, Olympus told me yesterday, that they now have stock ready in their online shop.

Comment

It’s ok Mike, I’m down your way tomorrow, I’ll pop in and borrow it and check it is ok for you! ��
              Andy
              bengeo.com

Comment

If anybody has ordered from the Oly Store and is having trouble tracking delivery (their website is having problems), input the UPS tracking number (1Z5843F7687*******) from Order Overview in your account into UPS's own tracker https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_GB&requester=ST/ and scroll down to Shipment Progress

My MC-20 is in Dusseldorf, delivery on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidB View Post
                  If anybody has ordered from the Oly Store and is having trouble tracking delivery (their website is having problems), input the UPS tracking number (1Z5843F7687*******) from Order Overview in your account into UPS's own tracker https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_GB&requester=ST/ and scroll down to Shipment Progress

My MC-20 is in Dusseldorf, delivery on Tuesday.
                  Mine is at a depot in Cambridge similar date to you can't wait.
                  EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

Just seen an article on the MC-20 by Tesni Ward on her blog here if it is of interest: http://www.tesniward.co.uk/the-mc-20/

Worth a read if considering getting one.
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/macg33zr/

Comment

Originally posted by BDennis View Post
                      Just seen an article on the MC-20 by Tesni Ward on her blog here if it is of interest: http://www.tesniward.co.uk/the-mc-20/

Worth a read if considering getting one.
                      Robin Wong has also reviewed it here:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=rpUUVRGx6ws
                      Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
                      My Portfolio Site

Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | Lumix: G9 | LX100
                      Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135
                      Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Lumix: 12-32 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye

Comment

Quick grab shot this morning with the 300 and MC-20. Windy and overcast so had to bump ISO up to 2000. Hand held f11 inclusive & 1/200th. Looks very promising.

Spotted Flycatcher.
                        Stuff from Cuba
                        More stuff from Cuba
                        It all started here

Comment

That is very impressive Andrew. Have you taken any at full aperture for comparison? A 'quick grab shot' of a Spotted Flycatcher - you know how to rub it in.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
                            A 'quick grab shot' of a Spotted Flycatcher - you know how to rub it in.

Ron
                            I thought you'd like that! As they are on the second nest in the garden they are an easy target.

F8 and 200 iso with 100% crop.

Stuff from Cuba
                            More stuff from Cuba
                            It all started here

Comment

Looks extremely good to me Andrew nicely shot. Even if you hadn't just grabbed it. Looking at the Tesni and Robin articles with careful use it looks like a must have accessory. Not that I needed the excuse I'd already hit the buy button so hopefully mine is on it's way soon. Can't wait to see how it will fair with butterflies on the 40-150.
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
                                Looks extremely good to me Andrew nicely shot. Even if you hadn't just grabbed it. Looking at the Tesni and Robin articles with careful use it looks like a must have accessory. Not that I needed the excuse I'd already hit the buy button so hopefully mine is on it's way soon. Can't wait to see how it will fair with butterflies on the 40-150.
                                Just had a quick try with the 40-150 and it's not so good until you reach f9 and up. Not too surprising based on the MTF chart.
                                Stuff from Cuba
                                More stuff from Cuba
                                It all started here

Comment

Working...
                                X