MC-14 + Panasonic 100-300mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MC-14 + Panasonic 100-300mm

Has anyone had any experience using the MC-14 with the Panasonic 100-300 lens? How compatible are they regarding sharpness. I have a great copy of the Panasonic lens - super sharp at all apertures and was wondering about image degradation with the MC-14 converter.

Re: MC-14 + Panasonic 100-300mm

The MC-14 is designed to work with the 40-150 & 300 PRO lenses. I don't think it will fit the 100-300.
    Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

There is a protruding element from the TC which goes into the lens. It will only work on the 40-150 and 300 Oly "Pro" lenses. There are also extra pins.
      Paul
      E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
      flickr
      Portfolio Site
      Instagram

Comment

Thanks for the information. I sort of suspected there was some type of incompatibility there but was not sure specifically.

Comment

It would make the 100-300 very slow and probably wouldn't focus very well if it did fit. TCs are best used on fast glass

Comment

Originally posted by KG75 View Post
            It would make the 100-300 very slow and probably wouldn't focus very well if it did fit.
            "Very"? One stop! Focus? What's that all about?

TCs are best used on fast glass
            Not necessarily. Unless you are working at full aperture, you can always open up a stop.

For close-ups and macro you can increase magnification at the same working distance.

Harold
            The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

One stop is huge when the lens is already not the fastest, I had the lens, it's poor in low light - with winter coming best of luck using it with a TC - but don't worry either way, as it isn't possible. Using TCs some cameras don't focus very well at F8+ I thought this was common enough knowledge

Comment

One stop is huge when the lens is already not the fastest, I had the lens, it's poor in low light - with winter coming best of luck using it with a TC - but don't worry either way, as it isn't possible. Using TCs some cameras don't focus very well at F8+ I thought this was common enough knowledge
                Your comments were general ones, not specific to poor light. "Focus" is a general term. If you mean AF, your comment about "focus" has validity, such that e.g. it may have limited functionality in macro at high magnification and small aperture. I regularly use a x2 (2 stop) TC for macro and find that the sensor gives up (no steady image in VF) before the AF and I have to provide more light for framing and focusing.

If using "f8 +" in low light, with the TC, opening up the lens one stop will restore the AF functionality.

Harold
                The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Working...
                X