Best 25mm choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 25mm choice

Hi, I am currently looking for a 25mm lens for an upcoming trip. Will be used as a general purpose walk round lens with mixed use indoors and out. I have read the reviews on both the Panasonic and Olympus models, both get mixed reviews, would appreciate any user experience of this lens.
    Thanks.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskZ9LToW
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/amcuk/

Comment

Re: Best 25mm choice

Thank you for the prompt reply. Sorry, should have been more specific, it was the 1.8 and 1.7 I was specifically interested in. Like you I am swayed by the Panasonic for similar reasons, it looks a very good buy.
      Thanks again.
      Regards
      Gary.

Comment

I got a used Oly 25/1.8 from somebody on here (sorry, forgotten who) and was very pleased with it. This probably doesn't help much as they don't seem to come up very often!

John

Comment

Thank you, got a good deal on a Panasonic at MPB just now. Will be interesting.
          Regards
          Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Petanque View Post
            Thank you, got a good deal on a Panasonic at MPB just now. Will be interesting.
            Regards
            Gary.
            Excellent. I think it's a very good lens.

Comment

Bit too late, but also worth considering if you can be a bit flexible on focal length is Sigma 30mm f/1.4

Comment

I've had both the Panasonic 25mm f1.4 and the Oly f1.8. Both are very good lenses. Now I have the Sigma 30/1.4 and I think it offers something neither of the other two do.
                Paul
                E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                flickr
                Portfolio Site
                Instagram

Comment

The Panasonic Leica 1.4 has a very awkward square hood which does not reverse fit for storage. I found it a nuisance.

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
                    I've had both the Panasonic 25mm f1.4 and the Oly f1.8. Both are very good lenses. Now I have the Sigma 30/1.4 and I think it offers something neither of the other two do.
                    I agree about the Sigma 30/1.4. Mine is rarely off the camera.

Jim

Comment

My choice is the PanaLeica 25mm and a non reversing hood isn't enough to put me off
                      I use one of the screw on vented faux rangefinder hoods with a lens cap on the end.

In contrast the Sigma is huge, why does it have to be about twice the size?
                      Guessing its made for a range of formats and not specifically mft

Comment

I don't think the Sigma is that much bigger than the Panasonic 25mm if the hood is excluded. It certainly is bigger, but not hugely so.
                        Paul
                        E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                        flickr
                        Portfolio Site
                        Instagram

Comment

I too use the PanLeica 25mm f/1.4 and it produces excellent results.

I actually sit my 45mm f/1.8 inside the square hood of the PL25 in the same pouch, separated with a lens cloth...
                          Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
                              I don't think the Sigma is that much bigger than the Panasonic 25mm if the hood is excluded. It certainly is bigger, but not hugely so.
                              The picture showing them together may be an optical illusion, but I doubt it.
                              Looks like a fair bit of difference to me https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sig...ds-lens-review

Comment

Working...
                              X