Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Olympus Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympus Survey

Originally posted by Harbrimar View Post
    I persevered and completed the survey intending to make use of the 10% voucher against an Oly 7-14 Pro lens. I didn't read the instructions properly and hit send and my voucher has disappeared. In fact, as far as I can remember I had two vouchers as I was also interested in the pro 40-150. Tried all ways to retrieve it. I might try Oly Customer Services and try to get a sympathetic response for my stupidity!
    PM me your email address and you can have mine.
    Paul
    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
    flickr
    Portfolio Site
    Instagram

Comment

I had the email. Not opened the Questionnaire yet and was totally under whelmed by the limp carrot offered. Not likely, as most of us, to rush out and buy someglass just for 10% off.
      From what you guys have said re PRO Bias in the question structure, I fear this is another indication that OLY are really getting up their own dark place in pursuit of 'We are THE Professionals'
      In sheer numbers of potential converts to Oly or MFT in general, this is likely to alienate morethan it attracts.
      Last edited by iso; 28th December 2017, 06:54 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Originally posted by iso View Post
        I had the email. Not opened the Questionnaire yet and was totally under whelmed by the limp carrot offered. Not likely, as most of us, to rush out and buy someglass just for 10% off.
        From what you guys have said re PRO Bias in the question structure, I fear this is another indication that OLY are really getting up their own dark place in pursuit of 'We are THE Professionals'
        In sheer numbers of potential converts to Oly or MFT in general, this is likely to alienate morethan it attracts.
        I understand why you are saying that, but the fact is that since Olympus starting pushing higher end gear they have returned to profitability. The margins on the Pro lenses and the E-M1ii are surely better than the early m43 offerings. It makes business sense.
        Paul
        flickr
        Portfolio Site
        Instagram

Comment

Comment

Thanks again for your offer Paul but Olympus have very kindly sent me the 10% voucher. I will be getting the 40-150 + 1.4x as the WA Zoom lens I was interested in has suddenly increased in price again I am tempted with the 8mm PRO 1.8 lens. I wonder if I can use the voucher against more than one lens?

Comment

That 8mm f1.8 doesn't get a lot of press but it seems that anyone who owns it loves it. I have the cheap but excellent Samyang so it doesn't make sense really. If I were into Astro wide field photography then it would be a different story.
              Paul
              flickr
              Portfolio Site
              Instagram

Comment

David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Will they accept the double discount? I had assumed that it would be one or the other?
                  Andy
                  bengeo.com

Comment

I contacted Park Cameras about this on 30/12 after trying to use the 10% Olympus voucher code on line which was not accepted. I was assured that the 10% Olympus survey discount could be used in addition to their discount which was 15% on the 14-150 + 1.4x. I have ordered the lens for collection at their shop and was told that the Olympus 10% will be taken into account then. The invoice I have shows just the Park Camera 15% discount at the moment. I will keep you updated.
                    I think I am right in saying that previous discount offers from Olympus have always been taken off whatever price you have negotiated with the dealer? There is little point in Olympus offering 10% voucher for completing the survey if it is not additional to the dealers discount as most dealers are discounting anyway. The dealer will probably claim the 10% back from Olympus.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengeo View Post
                      Will they accept the double discount? I had assumed that it would be one or the other?

Comment

I was just clearing up my inbox and noticed the Olympus email was titled "Olympus needs your feedback! Help us develop a new lens".

I don't recall being asked what new lenses I woudl like.

Or how about this from an email on the 22nd:

10% off all PRO Lenses!
                        Looking to make your photographs sparkle this winter? For the most magical image quality, invest in one (or several!) of our fantastic PRO lenses and save a whopping 10%! Just use the code PROLENSXMAS17 at checkout.

No need to fill in a survey to get your 10%.
                        Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                        Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                        Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                        Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                        Learn something new every day

Comment

I don't recall getting the email you mention above. Was it just for lenses ordered through the Olympus shop. They tend to be offered at full retail price. As far as I understand it, the 10% offered via the survey can used on any lens, not jut the Pro lens.

Comment

Originally posted by OM USer View Post
                            I don't recall being asked what new lenses I woudl like.
                            It was more a general set of questions at the end of features and focal lengths that you would be looking for

Regards
                            Andy
                            My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
                            4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
                            m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
                            FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
                            The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
                            http://www.shenstone.me.uk
                            http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
                            https://vimeo.com/shenstone
                            http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

I did the survey and having indicated what lenses I had, I was directed to a page in which I was asked about pricing of a new 14 to 150 lens if a new version extended the range and aperture.
                              Archie

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X