My Flickr site

Comment

Re: Have you considered...

Originally posted by snaarman View Post
        From the Oly UK facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/OlympusUK?hc_location=stream

???

Pete
        Is this launch rapidly turning into the worst kept secret ever? Even Olympus are so excited that they can hardly resist spilling the beans. Must be some camera!
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
          I may just totter along to SRS on the Saturday after we get back off hols. THAT will go down well!
          Better tell your wife that the cottage/hotel/B&B has been cancelled and you're now camping instead!
          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Hmm...I was only in SRS yesterday and they denied all knowledge of an upcoming Olympus Day. They said they would only be told when it was just before the day.....

On a positive note, I don't go away until the 16th so the 14th is great for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Anne View Post
              Hmm...I was only in SRS yesterday ...
              And did you come out without buying anything?
              Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Hmm...I was only in SRS yesterday and they denied all knowledge of an upcoming Olympus Day. They said they would only be told when it was just before the day.....

On a positive note, I don't go away until the 16th so the 14th is great for me!
                They are probably subject to an Non Disclosure Agreement and didn't know that Olympus have plastered it all over facebook!

Why not the 12th, in London?
                John

Comment

I am just about to invest in substantial Nikon kit I have waited enough
                  [I].
                  I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                  Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                    I am just about to invest in substantial Nikon kit I have waited enough
                    Hi Chevvy,

So you can't wait just a little longer, until the 12th September or maybe even a little earlier? (11th September?) Think how you might regret it if Olympus do actually produce your perfect solution? And if they don't then you jump ship with no rerets!
                    John

Comment

I can make the 12th in London I figured Ian's meet up was different to the promotional days? But I plan to do both

Stephen, I came out with nothing but only because my credit card would have keeled over and died should I have tried to flex it

I wanted the 9-18mm but they talked me out of it saying the 12mm was a far better lens (and more expensive-ouch!). I also had a play with some Kenko extension tubes and a VF4 both of which I like very much Now I just need to find the money!

Comment

I can make the 12th in London I figured Ian's meet up was different to the promotional days? But I plan to do both
                        So did I, but the day before the new camera is expected to be paraded in stores? Some coincidence!
                        John

Comment

May be we should drag Ian into a bar on the 12th and ply him with lots of alcohol until he spills the beans

Comment

May be we should drag Ian into a bar on the 12th and ply him with lots of alcohol until he spills the beans
                            Unless the beans are already all over the floor!
                            John

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                              Hi Chevvy,

So you can't wait just a little longer, until the 12th September or maybe even a little earlier? (11th September?) Think how you might regret it if Olympus do actually produce your perfect solution? And if they don't then you jump ship with no rerets!
                              It looks like a little one and in September I will have missed half the birds in flight of August/September

there is no word of model or spec yet - so I shall sell my kit as it is now
                              [I].
                              I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                              Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                                It looks like a little one and in September I will have missed half the birds in flight of August/September

there is no word of model or spec yet - so I shall sell my kit as it is now
                                I hope it works out well for you and that you get some great BIF pictures during the next few weeks. Have you decided yet what camera/lens combination you are getting?
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X