Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Whats your current favorite lens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your current favorite lens?

I asked this a year or so ago but times move on and so does our ideas of what suits our photography style best. I think last time I said the 14-35.

My current fav lens is the 14-54, I like its combination of size, weight, focal length and build quality. It's not the absolute sharpest or best resolving lens in the Zuiko line up but it stills performs very well and produces fine photos.

I'll quite happily carry it around with an E3 or E5 in a shoulder bag and not feel burdened, I even take that combo when doing hill walks.
    It also balances beautifully on the E3 / E5 and makes it a cracker combo to shoot with.

Paul

Re: Whats your current favorite lens?

Originally posted by Woofmix View Post
    I asked this a year or so ago but times move on and so does our ideas of what suits our photography style best. I think last time I said the 14-35.

My current fav lens is the 14-54, I like its combination of size, weight, focal length and build quality. It's not the absolute sharpest or best resolving lens in the Zuiko line up but it stills performs very well and produces fine photos.

I'll quite happily carry it around with an E3 or E5 in a shoulder bag and not feel burdened, I even take that combo when doing hill walks.
    It also balances beautifully on the E3 / E5 and makes it a cracker combo to shoot with.

Paul
    My favourite and most used lens too!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I'm enjoying using the 50mm f/2.0 ZD Macro but I think my favourite lens is still the 90mm f/2.0 OM Macro. I just wish that Olympus would get on and deliver its ZD equivalent

Cheers,

JohnGG

Comment

I've been using my PEN a lot, with the 50mm f/2 and 25mm EX. I don't often use lenses much above "standard" but I bought a new M.Zuiko 40-150 and I'm so impressed with the results, it's become something of a "current favorite".
        Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Definitely my 12-60mm SWD. Although I love my two f/2.0 lenses the 12-60 is the workhorse.

Steve
          Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
          Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
          My website

Comment

Can't say really have a favourite as such but the lens that is parked on my E-5 most of the time is the 12-60 only because it caters for a large proportion of the shots I take. It also happens to be a stunning optic but then so are pretty much all the Zuikos.

On my E-PL2 I find that both the 14-42 and 40-150 kit lenses are extremely good but the Panny 20mm takes the biscuit.
            Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
            Capture One Pro
            My flickr

Comment

Gotta say my 12-60, love it! Think last tear I might have said my sigma 10-20, which is it awesome but I've use the zuiko 12-60 more :-)

Comment

I wants a 12-60 but at the moment I am using the Konica 40mm...razor sharp
                chris
                shetland

Comment

The 35-100 for me and the wife likes her 12-60.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGG View Post
                    I'm enjoying using the 50mm f/2.0 ZD Macro but I think my favourite lens is still the 90mm f/2.0 OM Macro. I just wish that Olympus would get on and deliver its ZD equivalent

Cheers,

JohnGG
                    Tell me about it, I've been waiting for the telephoto macro on the lens roadmap for at least 5 years.
                    It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Originally posted by Woofmix View Post

Paul
                      My favourite is the 14-54 II & if I could afford other more expensive ones, like the 12-60, it might be that instead, but the 14-54 II does the live view CF when I need it (only on the odd occasion) & isn't too big or heavy.
                      Ross
                      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

The 70-300mm is my favorite. Excellent reach and results and good for casual macro work combined with relatively light weight make this a keeper for me and one of the reasons I remain with the 4/3rd's system.

Sid

Comment

14-54 for me !
                          [I].
                          I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                          Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Same as last time, the Leica 14-150mm, not the brightest of lenses but superb IQ throughout it's range. As it's minimum focus is 50cm it does very well for insects and flowers. It's also smaller and lighter than the 12-60mm (just!).

David
                            PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

My favourite lens is the Leica 14-150. It covers nearly all my needs and stays on the E-5 most of the time.
                              Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
                              My Portfolio Site

Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | Lumix: G9 | LX100
                              Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135
                              Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Lumix: 12-32 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye

Comment

Working...
                              X