Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Calibration Equipment

Hi,

I'm just wondering if you've thought about maybe getting a few Monitor calibration gadgets that could be put on the hires list?

I've just bought a new monitor and its massively different from my old one so would like to calibrate it. Rather than buy one I thought I might be a good thing to offer for hire?

Sorry if it sounds like a bad idea, think I'm just thinking aloud

Re: Monitor Calibration Equipment

All the instructions for monitor calibration suggest that one should calibrate the monitor on a monthly basis. On that basis I think the cost of puchasing a calibration device outright would soon be overtaken in hire and postage fees if the devices were available to rent..
    This space for rent

Comment

The monitor calibration equipment has a software component that needs to be installed and licensed as well as the calibration device.

I suspect they'd sting Ian for a very expensive license fee, if they'd allow it at all.

Nick
      Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
      www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Ah very bad idea then lol

In my ignorance I hadnt thought of how the device works and that software would need to be installed and also that a monitor would need calibrating monthly (do a monitor degrade over time?)

Thanks for putting me right

Cheers
        Garrie

Comment

Just for the record, the monthly recalibrate was for CRT monitors, dunno about LCD.

Also, as of a couple of years ago, a basic Spyder has free software - the upgrade to more functionality is a software thing, the hardware is the same. The basic software is just fine - the upgrade is for pro setups really.
          John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Working...
          X