Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow EM1 warranty extended to 6 years for free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wow EM1 warranty extended to 6 years for free!

Originally posted by Bruce Clarke View Post
    I did register for the free 6 months extended warranty, priority servicing etc when I first got my E-M1. If you didn't do that, you may not get the extra free 3 years?
    I registered for and received the extra 6 months warranty but I haven't received the extra 3 years warranty yet, despite registering for the Mk II updates yesterday. Lucky dip time?

Ron

Comment

I suspect it's a glitch... I've registered for reviews and re-requested the newsletter, but no additional warranty. There is an "Activate" button for another 3 years but that requires a code you have to purchase.
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by raichea View Post
        I suspect it's a glitch... I've registered for reviews and re-requested the newsletter, but no additional warranty. There is an "Activate" button for another 3 years but that requires a code you have to purchase.
        ..and if you read the terms and conditions I think that the extended warranty has to be purchased during the original warranty period.
        Brian

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12569882@N05/

Comment

Free to all?
          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-expires.html
          Stuff from Cuba
          More stuff from Cuba
          It all started here

Comment

absolutely offing brilliant !!

Camera has had one trip to Portugal to get grip sorted. Was about to cough up to get it hot shoe problem sorted now it seems it might get another free trip.

Very happy.

Comment

Comment

Andy
                bengeo.com

Comment

Originally posted by raichea View Post
                  My thinking too.... I've tried registering for the reviews but no additional warranty.
                  Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
                  Capture One Pro
                  My flickr

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on this. Hope it's genuine but seems too good to be true.
                    Not the best way to get us to buy the Mk 2 then! The price prohibits this at the moment.
                    Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Clarke View Post
                      I did register for the free 6 months extended warranty, priority servicing etc when I first got my E-M1. If you didn't do that, you may not get the extra free 3 years? It sounds like it might be partially a softener for a horrendous price on the E-M1 II

For those having problems finding things they registered, check you don't have more than one login. Oly's various sites are a bit of a mess. It's sometimes not clear which login you should use.
                      Did all of the above, so not sure any solid answers yet thanks i will keep monitoring this thread and maybe buzz olympus soon to ask.
                      EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

Just tried this. Said page is unavailable. Too good to be true then?
                        Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

I hope not Dave. This thread was started with a really positive feeling I hope it's not all going down the pan. It would be a great precedent to set if Olympus confirmed it was correct and that they were also introducing a 6 yr warranty for early pre-order adopters of the EM1 mk2 as well. That might help people who are a bit shocked about the price get over the hurdle.
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

I think I know what's going on here now! Just heard on the Facebook Olympus OM-D Owners Group UK page that someone who bought the Mk II direct from the Oly shop got an extra 3 year's warranty. That's where I bought my Mk I, so looks like they added it retrospectively, which is nice. Did you buy your Mk I from the Oly shop Phill?
                            Bruce

http://flickr.com/photos/bruce-clarke/

Comment

Hi Bruce sorry to blow a hole in your theory but no, I got mine from SRS.
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Bang goes that theory then! Gawd knows...
                                Bruce

http://flickr.com/photos/bruce-clarke/

Comment

Working...
                                X