Bristol Cameras. Yes or No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol Cameras. Yes or No

Has anybody had dealings with Bristol Cameras?

Their prices are pretty competitive but I've read some mixed reviews about them.

Cheers.

Re: Bristol Cameras. Yes or No

I've tried to deal with them on a couple of occasions. On both occasions they took my money then "discovered" that the items were not in stock. However, there was never any problem getting my money back.
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Hi Stephen,

Yes, that seems to be the topic of most reviews I've read.

Thanks for your input.

Dave

Comment

I've deal with them at least 3 times in the past 2 years, everything has gone smoothly plus it's been free P&P too. I can see no reason not to recommend them.

You can always phone them before placing the order to verify the stock availability.

Tom
        "Who is watching the Watchers, watching the Watchers watching us"

Its not what you see, it's the way that you see it"

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/photofxstudios

Comment

Originally posted by tomphotofx View Post

You can always phone them before placing the order to verify the stock availability.

Tom
          That's what I did on both occasions. It was only on non-delivery that they admitted they had no stock.
          Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Maybe I was just lucky.

At the moment all of my recent Olympus purchases have been made through SRS Microsytems of Watford. I have found them to be a retailer I can trust and also they are very knowledgable in Olympus equipment and very helpful. I've placed an order and it has turned up on the next days delivery.

Their prices are always very competitive and I'd rather deal with someone I can trust as opposed to the cheapest price etc.

So it's a big thumbs up for SRS and the guys who work there.

Tom
            "Who is watching the Watchers, watching the Watchers watching us"

Its not what you see, it's the way that you see it"

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/photofxstudios

Comment

I used to use SRS when I lived in Scotland. Now they're almost round the corner from me, it's a dangerous place to go! They have E-M5 owners on the staff. Last time I was there (yesterday!) the salesman said they would be holding an open day for the new Olympus!

Oh, and they won't stock Canon!
              Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Another thumbs up for SRS here!

You have to remember that people who have experienced poor service are generally more motivated to report it than those who are satisfied.
                Colin
                "Don't blame me..."

Comment

Thanks guys,

I forgot about SRS and although not bought from them they were helpful when I rang them a few months ago.

I've been happy with my OMD but looking for a small(ish) camera to carry around (Decided to get rid of my GX1) and have settled on the EPL5.

They sell the body for £399.00 and with the free 17mm lens offer it's a pretty good deal.

I'm not interested in the kit lens as I don't want another of that size and there are far too many 14-42mm for sale on eBay to make it a viable option.

So if I get any problems Stephen I can send you round to kick em in the shins .

Dave.

Colin - true, the only time people bother with reviews is when there's been a problem.

Comment

Big thumbs up for Ffordes from me

Great service all round

Greg
                    My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                      I used to use SRS when I lived in Scotland. Now they're almost round the corner from me, it's a dangerous place to go! They have E-M5 owners on the staff. Last time I was there (yesterday!) the salesman said they would be holding an open day for the new Olympus!

Oh, and they won't stock Canon!
                      SRS Olympus Open Day planned for Saturday, 14th September!

Regards,
                      Ann1e
                      (more up the road than round the corner, but we have always had excellent service and been impressed by knowledgeable staff!)

Comment

I just got the E-PL5 body from them. Very happy indeed. If I went in to kick 'em I'd end up buying something

Thanks for the date, Anne. I think we may be away that week
                        Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                          I just got the E-PL5 body from them. Very happy indeed. If I went in to kick 'em I'd end up buying something
                          Seems you have about as much will power as I have.

Comment

Hi

Bristol Cameras is my "local" camera shop. I purchased my E-520 over the counter there in 2008 & have made a number of other purchases since. They are a small shop. When you go through the door you can stretch your arms and cover all the customer floor space between your outstretched hands.

I would say that they are reliable & do keep some stocks on an upper floor, but they will often have to order in things themselves, so if you happen to be unlucky enough to order something they don't have in stock, you will be will be waiting for them to order it before getting it sent to you.

On the whole I would say I have received a professional and friendly service face to face in the shop. They have one or two more inexperienced staff, but on one occasion the manager opened early for me when he saw I was waiting outside.

Give them a go, but you may have to wait for the order, hence the mixed reviews

Regards

Colin

Comment

Many shops now can't afford to keep stocks of all the items they offer for sale - and get it from their wholesalers when you order it from them. Bristol Cameras make this explicit on their website, and I've successfully ordered goods from them in the past without problems. I've also used SRS and Park Cameras without problems (although my recent purchase of the new VF-4 viewfinder from SRS ran into the "None in stock at present, we should have more in stock next week" reply. I was not billed until the goods were on the way of course.

Chris
                              Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!

Comment

Working...
                              X