Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Bristol Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol Cameras

I have just tried to place an order with Bristol Cameras only to be told (via email) they were out of stock of the item I wanted. Then I recalled that this had happened a few times in the past year or so. I don't remember ever having made a successful order with them.

The email they sent was one of those "No Reply@" emails - don't you just hate them. Their website does not give a contact email address, only a 0844 telephone number which is twice the BT rate. Unless I really have to I don't use these non-geographical numbers as they are just a way of companies making money. Anyway, tracked down their 0117.... numbers (saynoto0870.com) and they reject incoming calls.

A very funny way of doing business if you ask me. Anyone else had problems with this company? I have struck them off my contacts list.

Steve
    Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
    Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
    My website

Re: Bristol Cameras

I'm with you on these 0870 numbers and I always use 'saynoto0870.com' especially as I get free calls 24/7. Never dealt with them, Steve, but I can understand your reaction.
    Bob

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
    GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Just what I experienced Andy, I will never even think of using them again. Very weird company.

I don't like making a fussy publicly but this company really winds me up.

Steve
        My website

Comment

I have had three Cokin items on order from Bristol Cameras since 10th September.
          On 11th October I got an email blaming supplier problems for non-delivery.
          On 4th November an email saying that one item had been shipped with others to follow in 2-3 days.
          I received one item, but no others followed.
          I phoned them today, and was told I could receive other two items in about a week.

Needless to say, I will be wary about dealing with them again.
          Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
          My Portfolio Site

Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | Lumix: G9 | LX100
          Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135
          Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Lumix: 12-32 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye

Comment

Originally posted by Shaw View Post
            I have had three Cokin items on order from Bristol Cameras since 10th September.
            On 11th October I got an email blaming supplier problems for non-delivery.
            On 4th November an email saying that one item had been shipped with others to follow in 2-3 days.
            I received one item, but no others followed.
            I phoned them today, and was told I could receive other two items in about a week.

Needless to say, I will be wary about dealing with them again.
            It was a Cokin filter holder I was after. I found one on eBay and it is in the post at the moment. If I didn't contact Bristol Cameras to cancel they would send out one when they got them in, if they ever will that is.

Steve
            My website

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckdiver View Post
              It was a Cokin filter holder I was after. I found one on eBay and it is in the post at the moment. If I didn't contact Bristol Cameras to cancel they would send out one when they got them in, if they ever will that is.

Steve
              That's interesting. I received the adapter ring and am waiting for a filter and a P series wide angle slim filter holder.
              Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
              My Portfolio Site

Comment

An online review of the company makes interesting reading. Just Google Bristol Cameras.
                Bob

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
                GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

I've tried to order lenses from them before, as their prices were good. Too good, because after a wait I've always been told they were out of stock. Never had any problems of them taling money first, though. Just irritation.
                  Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Just to fuel add to the flames......
                    I had my first and last
                    Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
                    Capture One Pro
                    My flickr

Comment

I finally got the balance of my order today which was ordered on 10th September.
                      Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
                      My Portfolio Site

Comment

Originally posted by Shaw View Post
                        I finally got the balance of my order today which was ordered on 10th September.
                        Shocking service Stewart. I know that folk over on the Pentax forum could recall similar experiences. Unfortunately, they often come up towards the top of the list on any google search and their prices can be attractive. Definitely best avoided.

Dave

Comment

I eventually had to cancel the order by snail mail as that was the only way to get through to them. They very quickly replied that the order was cancelled via a very snotty email, the No Reply@ address so that I couldn't reply back.

They just seem to have a very bad customer attitude.

Steve
                          My website

Comment

On the face of it they seem to be intent on steering their company out of business.
                            By far the majority of comments I have seen about Bristol cameras has been negative, plus my own rather underwhelming experience.
                            Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
                            Capture One Pro
                            My flickr

Comment

It is clear that many have had bad experiences in dealing with Bristol Cameras. I have made 3 purchases from them including my E-520 and had no problems. They were all last year though maybe I was lucky

Have just looked on their web site re. E-5 and to be fair they say:-

"Question: Is the Olympus E-5 Body in stock?

Bristol Cameras Answer: We are sorry the Olympus E-5 Body is not currently in stock and is difficult to obtain from suppliers at present. "

Seems reasonably honest to me.
                              David

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X