Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fading display on E-620

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
    Yes, however I'm going to hazard another guess. Maybe the cold is the culprit with the wires cracking at -10 degrees.
    I'd agree with that. The camera manual states;

Operating environment 0 degrees C - 40degrees C.

Hope you can get both fixed.

Regards.
    Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
    OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
    Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Re: Fading display on E-620

Hi all

Here is the latest on this subject. (Apologies for bothering you with these issues but I think the topic could be of interest for others, owners of E600/E620).

Today I picked up the broken E600 (the one where the display stopped working). My intention was to collect the CF card I had left in the slot.

I started by turning power on, just to check, display still remains black as anticipated. Next I accidentally open the card slot without turning power off and the display shows the warning message about CF card slot open! So I close the slot, press the menu button and now the menus are displayed on the display! And also I can playback photos stored on the CF card!

I turn power off and on. Display is still working, at least for minutes.

One feature is still not working though (maybe I am wrong on this). When turning the camera on, should'nt the display show the control panel automatically? Or is this a user defined setting?

Anyway, this is a total mystery. Has the camera self-healed?

I will have to try on the E620 as well and see what the result is. (camera on loan, will get it back later today).

/Tord

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Working...
      X