• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLD-5 Grip

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Great-Weste..._sid=146718245

Ken

Re: HLD-5 Grip

Wish I'd have known you wanted one. I've an unused one you could have had! Must get round to advertising the damned thing.
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Comment

Hi

I bought one from GW Camera's as well - it works fine

Mike

Comment

Comment

Doesn't that make you spit chips when the price is so low after you buy.
            Ross
            I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
            Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
            Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
            Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
            Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
              Doesn't that make you spit chips when the price is so low after you buy.

Comment

And here is the link

HLD-5 grip link
                My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Originally posted by gregles View Post
                  And here is the link

HLD-5 grip link
                  That's a good price..
                  Oh dear. I seem to have bought one

Pete
                  Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Help,
                    Bought a new one from Oly UK. What is the knurled knob for on the grip, it just keeps turning.
                    Also I have read that you can store the camera battery cover that you need to remove to fit the HLD-5 Grip somewhere in/on the grip, if so where?
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by abacus180 View Post
                      Help,
                      Bought a new one from Oly UK. What is the knurled knob for on the grip, it just keeps turning.
                      Also I have read that you can store the camera battery cover that you need to remove to fit the HLD-5 Grip somewhere in/on the grip, if so where?
                      Thanks
                      The knurled knob replaces the thumb wheel on the camera when you operate in portrait. If you set the little slider switch to "lock" it stops this and the shutter button on the grip operating when you operate in landscape.
                      The camera battery door fits into a neat little slot on the "prong" that fits into the camera body. There is a picture on the instruction leaflet but it's not very clear.

Hope this helps.
                      Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
                      OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
                      Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterBirder View Post
                        The knurled knob replaces the thumb wheel on the camera when you operate in portrait. If you set the little slider switch to "lock" it stops this and the shutter button on the grip operating when you operate in landscape.
                        The camera battery door fits into a neat little slot on the "prong" that fits into the camera body. There is a picture on the instruction leaflet but it's not very clear.

Hope this helps.
                        Thank you, that's really helpful. I'll have a play now. Is there an instruction manual that I can download/view? There was nothing in the box but warranty blurb.

Comment

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/20...rodID=N3589692

There should be a manual in the right side of the box, small but thick as it contains all languages.

Comment

Originally posted by francois View Post
                            http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/20...rodID=N3589692

There should be a manual in the right side of the box, small but thick as it contains all languages.
                            Thanks Francois.
                            Even this doesn't explain how to use it or how it works. I've got no idea what to do really.

Comment

Hi Abacus.

The instructions are rubbish.

I simply took the battery out of the cameran and inserted it, together with another, into the grip as it takes two.

unclip the battery compartment cover from the bottom of the camera, it comes right off and fits into the recess on the sticky out bit of the grip that then slides into the battery compartment.

Slide the grip into the battery compartment on the camera until it stops

use the large thumb wheel on the back of the grip marked "lock", turning it in the direction of the arrow cinches the grip to the body using the tripod mounting thread.

Thats it, camera should now work with two batteries instead of one, I have had mine on for about a week and haven't had to recharge yet.

The only other control is the little slide switch on the grip, in the "lock" position nothing on the grip works.

Slide it to the right and the activation button on the bottom front right corner of the grip works as well as the camera shutter activation button and the thumb wheel on the grip does the same as the little thumb wheel on the camera body, e.g. changes aperture size in aperture priority. These are ideal when shooting with teh camera on its side to give a portrait format image, other than that I leave it in the "lock" position

As far as I can tell thats all there is to it.
                              hearts at peace under an English heaven

Comment

Working...
                              X