Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

HLD-5 Grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning All The Time.

HAVE: E-620 | HLD-5 | ED14-42 | ED40-150 | ED70-300
    CURIOUS ABOUT: Sigma 50-500 Or | EC-14 For 70-300
    DREAM OF: E-5 | HLD-4 | ED7-14| ED14-35 | ED35-100 | ED90-250 | EC-14 | EC-20

Comment

Re: HLD-5 Grip

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Olympus-HLD-5-...item3f07c812d5

There are also cheaper copies but you only get what you pay for.
      Ross
      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Learning All The Time.

Comment

David
          --------------------------
          -XZ-1 * VF-2+EP-9

Comment

Originally posted by Johnheatingman
            I think you will find if you try and order 2 of these on the Olympus UK site... it won't let you. The option is only for one. I therefore assume the free posting offer by Olympus in this case, is limited to one grip and another totally different item no doubt much higher priced.

John
            I queried this when I could only buy one (wanted two to avoid the shipping charges). Olympus UK email said:

"The Olympus Online Shop thanks you for your email and the interest you show for our products.

The restriction on the quantity is due to stock restriction. We have only one HLD-5 in stock at the moment. Our ream cannot give you an update as to replenishments, but you will find below the link that will help you find a local retailer:

http://dealerlocator.olympus.eu/Stor...fr&country=All

The Olympus Online Shop Team remains at your service for further queries,
            Kind Regards,
            Kathelyne
            For the Olympus Online Shop Team"
            David
            -XZ-1 * VF-2+EP-9

Comment

Yeah, I saw that I couldn't edit the quantity to buy before I found out that they won't ship to Ireland.

If anyone does have anything they need/want from the Oly site, I'd indeed be very grateful if I could piggy-back my HLD-5 onto their order, and obviously cover all costs to them for my end of things. Might post a separate thread on that.

Thanks,

Mark
              Learning All The Time.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaedrus View Post
                Yeah, I saw that I couldn't edit the quantity to buy before I found out that they won't ship to Ireland.

If anyone does have anything they need/want from the Oly site, I'd indeed be very grateful if I could piggy-back my HLD-5 onto their order, and obviously cover all costs to them for my end of things. Might post a separate thread on that.

Thanks,

Mark
                Have you rang Oly UK to find out whether they have any? I was told they had sold out.

Comment

Ordered today - shipping to Ireland and all!

Mark
                  Learning All The Time.

Comment

Ordered today - shipping to Ireland and all!

Mark
                    Finally!

Ross
                    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Shipped last night.

I work 380km from home Monday - Friday.

My wife booked a late deal to Spain with the kids - leaving Tuesday morning.

Why is nothing in life easy?

Neighbours will take it for me and I'll get it next weekend. But I'll be pining for it all week, sitting lonely & neglected under the phone table in one of my neighbour's halls, waiting for me to come home and love it like a little puppy...

Mark
                      Learning All The Time.

Comment

Shipped last night.

I work 380km from home Monday - Friday.

My wife booked a late deal to Spain with the kids - leaving Tuesday morning.

Why is nothing in life easy?

Neighbours will take it for me and I'll get it next weekend. But I'll be pining for it all week, sitting lonely & neglected under the phone table in one of my neighbour's halls, waiting for me to come home and love it like a little puppy...

Mark
                        ...now, have you ordered an extra Hama battery from 7dayshop???

David
                        -XZ-1 * VF-2+EP-9

Comment

I'll see your Hama battery from 7dayshop, and raise you TWO UniRoss batteries, TWO Transcend 4GB 133x CF cards, an Oly 2GB xD M+ card, and TWO Lowepro Rezo 10 pouches from mymemory...

Learning All The Time.

Comment

I'll see your Hama battery from 7dayshop, and raise you TWO UniRoss batteries, TWO Transcend 4GB 133x CF cards, an Oly 2GB xD M+ card, and TWO Lowepro Rezo 10 pouches from mymemory...

I'll see your TWO UniRoss batteries, TWO Transcend 4GB 133x CF cards, an Oly 2GB xD M+ card, and TWO Lowepro Rezo 10 pouches from mymemory, and raise the alarm for the men in white coats to come and.........

David
                            -XZ-1 * VF-2+EP-9

Comment

Originally posted by francois View Post
                              http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/20...rodID=N3589692camerachargers

There should be a manual in the right side of the box, small but thick as it contains all languages.
                              oh, thank you very much!

Comment

As a (possible) word of warning, I've got a pair of Uniross batteries that I use in my grip and have found that they have expanded slightly in width (perhaps I should say they have puffed but that tends to suggest a worse case than it is) which makes them difficult to remove from the grip to charge due to a bit more friction. They don't tend to pop out when the lock pin is opened, I have used a scalpel to ease them out a bit to allow enough to grab with my fingers which is acceptable to me. I post this only as a heads up, I don't know whether Oly batteries suffer the same or any other third party brand.

I guess a nice solution would have a charger that connected to the grip and hence allowed both batteries that are mounted to be charged together. I don't suppose such a thing exists.

Comment

Working...
                                X