No announcement yet.

Ownuser Vertical Battery Grip for E520.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ownuser Vertical Battery Grip for E520.

Originally posted by Garrie View Post
    I would love a grip for my E510 after enjoying my E1 with grip..

However and please forgive me I think this grip looks ugly and cumbersome. I wish Olympus would produce and OE grip for the e5xx series cameras.
    That would be nice, but I'm sure I couldn't afford one if they did.

@ Yorkie, sorry, missed your PDF guide, excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrie View Post
      I would love a grip for my E510 after enjoying my E1 with grip..

However and please forgive me I think this grip looks ugly and cumbersome. I wish Olympus would produce and OE grip for the e5xx series cameras.
      With anything other than a kit lens, it's actually makes a huge difference in the handling of the E-510 - definitely not cumbersome. I can't use mine without it now, no matter what I'm doing.

The E-510 being a bit small, I always felt like i was clinging on for dear life, rather than just holding the camera comfortably like I do with the grip. My little finger would always end up under the camera rather than on the grip due to lack of height. The grip rectifies all this.

The first version of this was a rather ugly beast, but the 'R' version is much nicer.

Comment

Yes I agree. The vertical grip tames the E520 that I own and is much more balanced and feels like a good piece of camera equipment. With the Canon E1 hand strap, I can hold the camera with one hand very comfortably for long sessions or use a neck strap since the eyelet on the top of the strap has an extra set of eyelets to hook the neck strap onto. The other end of the neck starp goes into the vacant eyelet of the camera on the left side.

And having two batteries in the grip, you never look back for battery power.

Dennis G

Comment

Until after 800 shots.............

But it is a great grip for shure.

Peter

Comment

Just received mine (sent from Poland), easily comes up to expectation. Very pleased with it.

Comment

E-520, E-30, 14-54Mk2, Sigma 30mm f1.4, 14-42, 40-150mm f3.5-4.5, 18-180mm f3.5-6.3, OM 50mm f1.8, OM 135mm f2.8, Vivitar DF 383, 3xYong Nuo YN460 MK2

Comment

Fascinating, will this grip work with the E500?

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

I'm gonna guess but I'm 95% sure the grip won't work the E500. I've had both the E500 & E510 and the bottom of the cameras are different and hence the reason the grip won't fit.

I hope this helps

Cheers
                  Garrie

Comment

Originally posted by Welshlansdcaper View Post
                    Fascinating, will this grip work with the E500?

Mike
                    Ownuser advertise a grip for the E-500, a google shows it is also mentioned in various forums

http://ownuser.com.tw/e_olympus_E500.html

No experience of the product

Nick
                    Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
                    www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X