Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defect image sensor?

Hi all

When working with pictures today I noticed an artefact that has the shape of a square-shaped dot, colored bright red. The size is approx 5x5 pixels. Attached is a sample what it looks like when enlarged 10 times.

It is visible only if present on a dark part of the picture, e.g. deep shades or dark background. I.e. it is not a dust particle.

Anyone on this forum experienced similar artefacts?

Im I right in presuming the sensor is defect?

/Tord
    Attached Files

My Gallery on 500px

Re: Defect image sensor?

Not sure what camera you have, but have you done a pixel mapping exercise? This could sort out the problem but I am not sure about the red colour, defective pixels usually show up as white specks.

David
    PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

Hi,

I posted under E-520 section and should perhaps have confirmed the post is applicable for E-520.

From E-520 manual:
      "Unknown bright dot(s) appear on the subject in the picture taken
      This may be due to stuck pixel(s) on the image pickup device. Perform [PIXEL MAPPING]. If the problem persists, repeat pixel mapping a few times."

The dots are bright red so I will try it and see if it helps, thanks for the tip.

/Tord

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Looks like a stuck pixel, so let us know if pixel mapping doesn't sort it out (it should), Pixel mapping will be towards the end of one of the two spanner menus.

Nick
        Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
        www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Red dot seems to be gone now.

/Tord

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Working...
          X