Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

OFR / RAVpower files query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFR / RAVpower files query

Hi all,

I'm back again, it's been a while but I am absolutely loving my E-510.

I have had a bit of nightmare transferring files as we only have iPads so using a USB input has proved unsuccessful.

A good friend recommended the All in one filehub by ravpower RP-WD03, a wireless router, media sharing and 6000mAh ext battery.. Slight problem, my iPad seems to have discovered the folder but when it tries to read the files it states it is not supported..They are coming up as ORF files in a DCIM folder..

This would be great if it works as it means we can access my photos without messing around with cables or old laptops..Please tell me there's a way around this. I am using an iPad Air.

If you can shed any light on this it will be greatly received, thanks.

Re: OFR / RAVpower files query

Hello, welcome back...

I've just tried both Lightroom and PS Express on my iPad and they both open the ORF file directly from the card, plugged into the iPad SD Card adaptor.

The iPad's "Photos" APP only opens jpg files.

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

IIRC - at least on the E500 I had, you could edit an ORF file in the camera and save as jpeg, retaining the original ORF. Your iPad should then 'see' the jpegs.

I think you did it by viewing the file and then pressing OK.

Jim

Comment

Don't forget new things are being implemented with iOS 11 now. I'm not updating my iPad (at the moment).
        Ross
        I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
        Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
        Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
        Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
        Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Pupkin View Post
          I have had a bit of nightmare transferring files as we only have iPads so using a USB input has proved unsuccessful.
          Doesn't this tell you something - that maybe it's time to escape from the Apple 'ghetto'?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
            Doesn't this tell you something - that maybe it's time to escape from the Apple 'ghetto'?

Jim
            Yeah, avoid Apple products like the plague.
            Ross
            I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
            Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
            Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
            Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
            Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Working...
            X