Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

e5 viewfinder issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! e5 viewfinder issues

Hi

picked up an E5- having problems with the viewfinder- no matter what lens I attach the info in the viewfinder flickers on and off all of the time- I have to check the top plate to change anything or the rear lcd- I have reset, removed battery etc, but to no avail-camera works perfectly apart from this- anyone got any solutions please ?

Re: e5 viewfinder issues

Clean the contacts on the camera and make sure all are springing back as expected when pressed in?
    Iain

E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M5 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
    Flickr

Comment

Hi
      Thanks. Have tried that as well- if it was the contacts I think that neither the top plate or rear lcd would display info ? It is odd, I am guessing there is a wire loose or something

Comment

Simple solution: return it to CEX for a refund.

Darkroom

Comment

...and after getting the refund from CEX, go for the Ffordes E-5. I can vouch for it being in very good condition, and never realised there was a mark on the sensor!

They forgot to mention the unused strap, and didn't say that it comes with a few OEM batteries (three, I think).

I have no "interest" in it, as I PXed it for an EM-1.

:-)

Piers

Comment

thanks for ideas all

Returned it as I was worried it would get worse. Just managed to bag an E5 with grip, 4 batteries and the 12-60 for a steal on Ebay after searching for a few weeks

Comment

Working...
            X