Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E5-->USB cable 5m long - where can I buy one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E5-->USB cable 5m long - where can I buy one?

Hi all
    I need to buy a rather long USB cable to use for tethering images directly to my PC using the imagecraft software. The longest I have found is 3m but that is not long enough. The PC is a tower so very cumbersome to move.

Has anybody seen a 5m USB cable from an online shop Don't mind if it's not official cable, so long as it works.

thx
    DK
    PS: I bought a 10m USB repeater cable from amazon but it didn't work at all (with any device I used with it).

Re: E5-->USB cable 5m long - where can I buy one?

I bought a 10m USB extension cable from Amazon recently. It uses the standard camera to PC cable but fits between the PC and cable. Apparently it is necessary to fit amplifiers to a USB cable of this length and these are included in the cable, being driven off the USB power supply. I can not remember exactly how much I paid but it was about £10.

I am afraid I used it to tether a Canon camera, but I see no reason why it should not work perfectly on an E5.

Roger

Edit: it was £7.99
    Edit: Just noticed your P.S. - I must have still been asleep when I answered your post

Comment

Comment

thanks to both for your replies. I think I'll try the 7day shop first, have also found a 5m cable myself now but it's out of stock.

DK

Comment

Pete,
          can't find that cable you mentioned, can you please post the complete URL? I've been looking at 7dayshop but no mention of a 10m usb cable for Olympus E-5?
          thx
          DK

Comment

[url]http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-usb-2-0-10m-active-repeater-extension-cable-black. Try This.
            Last edited by Pete Riley; 14th April 2013, 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

thx to all, unfortunately the active USB repeater thing didn't work for me so I will go for a 5m cable (found one from amazon and have just ordered it) and see what happens.
              DK

Comment

Working...
              X