replacement eye cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement eye cup

Can anyone tell me if Olympus make/supply replacement eye-cups for the E-5? This is a major flaw on this model as it was only a matter of time before mine went walkabout......this time for good.

Any info greatly appreciated!

Danny
    Olympus E-5 / E-620(hld5) / E-410 with Zuiko's : 14-42mm f5.6 | 40-150mm f5.6 | 70-300mm f4 | 35mm Macro f3.5 | Sigma 50-500mm | Sigma 105mm Macro | FL-36r
    Macbook 2ghz/4gb/120gb/13.3"
    Lightroom/Photoshop CS5/Photomatix Pro 3.0
    www.dgpix.org.uk
    My Flickr

Re: replacement eye cup

I think we are stuck with this design for the E-3/5. There have been lots of threads about this over the years - and some suggestions about remedies.

From my personal experience the problem starts when the camera is removed/placed in tight fitting bags (front/back). So it has become second nature to check every time the camera is taken out of the bag (though the bag lining is a good place to search for lost cups).

Our friends Luton Camera Repairs (http://www.lutoncameras.co.uk/) list the replacement on the accessories page (EP-7)

Nick
    Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
    www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Or here on [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-Compatible-EP-7--300--330/dp/B002BF79GK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319891032&sr=8-1"]Amazon[/ame]. I buy "in bulk" now, I'm fed up with loosing these eye cups?

Steve
      Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
      Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
      My website

Comment

Cheers guys, got a few from Amazon.......my only gripe with the E-5!
        Olympus E-5 / E-620(hld5) / E-410 with Zuiko's : 14-42mm f5.6 | 40-150mm f5.6 | 70-300mm f4 | 35mm Macro f3.5 | Sigma 50-500mm | Sigma 105mm Macro | FL-36r
        Macbook 2ghz/4gb/120gb/13.3"
        Lightroom/Photoshop CS5/Photomatix Pro 3.0
        www.dgpix.org.uk
        My Flickr

Comment

Using a tiny grub screw, from an old CD drive ( I never chuck anything away!) I tapped a thread into the plastic of mine (had to lift up the rubber from the plastic carrier) & its retained perfectly

This is on a E520 I hasten to add - E5 is well out of my league
          E1, E520, ED14-42, ED 40-150, 70-300, Various legacy including 50mm f2 macro.

Comment

At a certain age, the friction between stomach and eyecup almost guarantees it will come off. Usually in long grass or a roadside or path in poor light.
            Its only a week since I got another 5 from Luton Cameras.
            They arrive in 24 hours.
            Duncan

Lots of toys.

Comment

Working...
            X