Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! temperature

Hi all had my E450 for some time, had not been used for a few days went to use I had warning come up Internal camera temperature is to high wait for cooling before use,, this was 3 days ago,, what can I do or is it dead.. many thanks..

Re: temperature

The only time i have got this message was when using "live view" for long periods of time. Just switch off the camera wait a few minutes and all was fine. It is normal as with "live view" on, the sensor is on also and can over heat. Can you tell us more about the problem ie how you were using the camera, did the warning go away after waiting?

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/smj41/

Comment

Hi Steve It was fine when I had stopped using it, sat for a couple of days not in use, when I went to use again the warning came on and has not gone off. I have tried removing the battery for a couple of hours but still have the warning.

Comment

Sounds like the thermometer has failed.
        Too many cameras!
        E-500, E-510, EPM1, EPL5, EP3, EP5, OM-D E M10, OM-D E M5, Trip 35mm, Samsung WP10 and Panasonic G6 plus lots of lenses many manual focus.

Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/42941818@N07/

Comment

Hi do you know if its worth repairing?

Comment

You could try calling Olympus service, or Luton Camera Repair Services (who are official Oly service agents). I've used Luton for various things over the years and always found them helpful, if you're very lucky they might be able to give you some idea over the phone as to whether it's worth looking at. http://www.lutoncameras.co.uk/

John

Comment

Bikie John thanks for that will give it a try

Comment

Oly were cheaper than Luton for me recently.
                OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Seal it in a plastic bag and put it in the fridge to see if the temperature reading resets.
                  It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Make sure you're not in live-view mode before resetting just incase.

Comment

Working...
                    X