CF card problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! CF card problems

I am having CF problems in my E450, one card will format but when I try to playback any picture taken it say "picture error" in display. A new 8gb Kingston CF card will not format. Any ideas how to solve I have tried custom reset to no avail.

Re: CF card problems

Are you formatting in camera or on a computer?
    The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

1 Can you see if any of the pins in the card slot in the camera have bent.

2 If you put the card in a card reader connected to the computer can you format it and write and read data to the card.

3 If you connect the camera directly to the computer can the computer see the card and any pictures on it.

If 1 is possibly a yes, if 2 is a yes, if 3 is a no then I think that your camera will have to be repaired

If 2 is a no will the test work with a new card, if yes then the camera is most likely breaking the card.

If you can format the card from the computer you must reformat the card in the camera before you use (and most likely after you have got the camera repaired)
      This space for rent

Comment

Just a thought, but did you buy this card from Ebay or a reputable dealer? If Ebay, there's a possibility that it's a counterfeit or faulty card.
        Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Working...
        X