Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Dedicated Grip for E-400/410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated Grip for E-400/410

I've just seen this, a dedicated grip for the e-400/410 made by Ownuser. This isn't the same as the other grip which can be had for the E-510. It doesn't look too bad.

http://www.ownuser.com.tw/n_E400_1.htm

http://www.ownuser.com.tw/e_E400_main.htm

You can buy them from,

http://www.enjoyyourcamera.com/Olymp...400::1012.html
    In theory there's no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

Re: Dedicated Grip for E-400/410

That's a great find there, thanks for posting.

Has anyone here actually ordered one of these? It would be interesting to read a review and opinion if so.
    John

Comment

Nice find...

It looks very well designed, but I have to say the greatest benefit of using the E-400 is the compact size - this sort of goes against that in principle.

Kind Regards

Brian

Comment

It looks good.

What do you think would be the real benefits of adding this grip to a small camera? I've never used a grip, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.
        - my pictures -

Comment

Hi Ellie,

some people don't like to use a tiny DSLR connected to a hefty lens (like the 50-200mm for instance) - I can see this grip would make the camera more balanced in that case.

Also, the grip provides more flexibility for power (additional battery packs) and it also makes the camera look 'more serious' - although I think that would mainly apply to photographers who 'want' to look serious! lol

Personally, I find it very easy to carry a spare battery, and love the discrete nature of this classic little camera!

Kind Regards

Brian

Comment

I would be inclined to agree with you although I found the E-410 to be fine as it is even with the 50-200 attached. That said I might prefer the grip if I tried it.

It's nice to see 3rd party accessories being provided for Olympus cameras though, especially in this case as it is a dedicated design.

Richard
            In theory there's no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

Comment

I'm with alert_bri on this one - can't see the point at all, particularly when all your controls are still going to be around the original shutter button!

Comment

Originally posted by Hiding_Pup View Post
                I'm with alert_bri on this one - can't see the point at all, particularly when all your controls are still going to be around the original shutter button!

Think I would agree as well. I wonder what Oly engineers think of this? They design a camera to be small and light then someones comes along and puts a dirty great big grip on it! Am I right in thinking the batteries forn these are smaller as well?

John.

Comment

Originally posted by Scapula Memory View Post
                  Think I would agree as well. I wonder what Oly engineers think of this? They design a camera to be small and light then someones comes along and puts a dirty great big grip on it! Am I right in thinking the batteries forn these are smaller as well?

John.

Comment

Hi Julie,

I agree - this grip looks really well engineered, infact it looks better than the official grip for the E-3!

I do have to say though, if you're prepared to compromise 1mm on the E-410 then the E-510 makes *much* more sense these days, especially with the enhanced IS... which makes a *huge* difference to image quality in the field.

As for the smaller battery in the E-400, I don't really see it as a major disadvantage as it lasts really well, and is smaller/lighter... but the E-510 shares the same battery type as the E-1/E-3

I had a chance to hold the E-510 recently, and I think it's a really nice shape too... and the battery is the same as the E-1/E-3. Does the company above do a nice battery grip for the E-510?

Kind Regards

Brian

Comment

p.s. I've just checked and they do a battery grip for the E-510 - doesn't look as nice as the one for the E-400/E-410 though.

To be honest though, I'm not a big fan of grips anyhow... maybe in a studio they would make more sense.

Kind Regards

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by alert_bri View Post
                        p.s. I've just checked and they do a battery grip for the E-510 - doesn't look as nice as the one for the E-400/E-410 though.

To be honest though, I'm not a big fan of grips anyhow... maybe in a studio they would make more sense.

Kind Regards

Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X