Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

should i buy a ownuser battery grip for my 410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i buy a ownuser battery grip for my 410

i have a HL-5 for my e-600 and like it , but is the ownuser a good buy ??
    any views out there
    regards
    luiz

Re: should i buy a ownuser battery grip for my 410

I don't see why should add extra bulk to the E-410.

The charm of the E-410 is that it's the smallest and lightweight DSLR and I think it should stay as such.

If you however insist on buying a battery grip, ownuser has a good reputation and I haven't heared of any problems from those using it.
    After breaking through the technology barrier,
    you run into the barrier of accepted wisdom.
    -Yoshihisa Maitani

Comment

thanx for your reply , and i tend to agree with you , but i do get a better point of balance (my E-600 + HL-5 battery grip combination ) with the body when i use larger lenses , and when i am on a motorsports race it does let me be able to not even think about battery life, my question was realy if any one on this forum had any bad experiences with the product / useage , as i have read about some quality issues , but again thank you for your reply
      regards
      luiz

Comment

My experience with Ownuser grips is that they work fine. However they are a one-size-fits-all kit and in consequence are ergonomically less satisfactory than the Oly grips. However as Oly only makes grips for a small number of models there's often not much choice.
        David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

yes i do agree , as i have the HL-5 for my E-600 and , only comparing pictures , the ownuser does look a tad bigger

Comment

Hi there, I have an ownuser battery grip for my 410 and it works a treat, but not really necessary unless using camera for long periods as in long week-ends away without being near a charger, it makes the camera a little heavier but still easily manageable, regards John

Comment

Working...
            X