Images not saving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Images not saving

Hi there, this is a message from a rather desperate new member!
    suddenly developed a problem with my E400. Images taken in strong lighting conditions or with flash are not writing to either xD or CF card. Only images taken in low lighting are saving.

Really hoping someone can help!

Re: Images not saving

Raw or jpeg ?
    chris
    shetland

Comment

jpeg.

All settings on the camera are exactly the same as when last used a couple of weeks ago. Suddenly today it's playing up, definitely seems to be related to lighting though...

Comment

Okay
        with the lens cap on, fire off 5 pictures.
        Then with the cap off take 5 of a light bulb
        what happens?
        chris
        shetland

Comment

With the lens cap on it won't shoot at all. No images recorded when photographing a light bulb despite the shutter (seemingly) operating normally.
          Please forgive my ignorance, but what was the purpose of that exercise?

Comment

Hmmm, I can't see how the exposure would influence which images get written to the card. Are you getting no frames at all from these bright images or are you getting a blank, i.e. pure white image with absolutely no detail?

The reason I ask is because I suspect that either the camera shutter is sticking at a very slow speed or the diaphram in the lens (which controls the aperture) is sticking wide open.

Other than that I would think it must be an electronic fault with the camera.
            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Could be the focus release .... if it does not achieve focus it will not fire
              chris
              shetland

Comment

Zuiko - No frames at all from bright images. I'm pretty much convinced it an exposure issue -fast rather than slow.

crimbo - Nothing to do with focus, the camera fires every time - unless it has a lens cap on... when it wouldn't anyway... would it?

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, but I'm pretty sure that it's an electronic issue that's beyond my abilities to fix, so it's off to an expert in such matters on Thursday!

Comment

I hope you get it sorted.
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Okay Do tell us what the problem turned out to be
                    chris
                    shetland

Comment

Working...
                    X