Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-30 viewfinder issues

Hi everybody,

Finally my new (used from ffordes) E-30 arrived today. A wonderful camera, but it seems that mine is affected by the "blurry viewfinder info display" fault. However hard I try to adjust the diopter adjustment, I can't get the whole info display at the bottom of the viewfinder uniformly sharp. The edges are sharp and the middle stays blurred and vice versa. I know that there is an issue about some of the E-30s on the market, there has been considerable discussions on the internet. Did anybody of you experience the same problems and is there an official fix by the Olympus service?

Wolfgang

Re: E-30 viewfinder issues

Originally posted by pasterw View Post
    Hi everybody,

Finally my new (used from ffordes) E-30 arrived today. A wonderful camera, but it seems that mine is affected by the "blurry viewfinder info display" fault. However hard I try to adjust the diopter adjustment, I can't get the whole info display at the bottom of the viewfinder uniformly sharp. The edges are sharp and the middle stays blurred and vice versa. I know that there is an issue about some of the E-30s on the market, there has been considerable discussions on the internet. Did anybody of you experience the same problems and is there an official fix by the Olympus service?

Wolfgang
    having got mine last month, and given the exposure to the same threads, I was amazed how good the viewfinder was!

I would suggest you just get on to Olympus about yours if you are not happy - simple as that.
    E, Pen and OM-D bodies
    43 m43 and legacy glass
    loads of flashes and accessories from all the systems

Comment

Try cleaning the inside of the viewfinder make sure the corners are not misted up from being in transit
      E-M10 Mk2 - 14-42mm EZ - 40-150mm ED - Falcon 8mm Fisheye - FL-36R

Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff

Comment

Sadly, I had to return the camera. Now I am not sure if it's worth getting another E-30 or if all E-30s are flawed?!?

Wolfgang

Comment

I own two E-30 and the viewfinder in both are fine - I do believe it was only some early samples that suffered

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Sadly, I had to return the camera. Now I am not sure if it's worth getting another E-30 or if all E-30s are flawed?!?

Wolfgang
            It is clear from the many happy users on this forum that they are not all flawed so, if you otherwise like the camera, give it another go. If buying secondhand from a reputable dealer you can always send it back if the same problem is evident.
            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Wolfgang
              I think I may just have taken delivery of your return from Ffordes. I'll inspect the viewfinder as soon as I get home.

Mike

Comment

No this one is fine. Phew!

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X