Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

AP Review of E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AP Review of E30

Originally posted by Ian View Post
    The E-30, in my opinion, has better noise performance at the high ISO end, than an E-1 - easily. There is much less chroma noise and the larger number of pixels tends to hide noise anyway.

I also feel the E-30 has better noise performance than the G1. They are both much improved over earlier E-System models, but the E-30 has a more consistent grain structure than the G1.

Ian
    Ian - you are exactly right in your thoughts & conclusions about E30 noise.

Undoubtedly better than G1 and E520 (I have both) - and last night I was out till about 8.30pm - on the S.Brittany coast shooting up to 2000 ISO quite happily. So very low light. I find ISO 800 to be virtually noise free, 1600 perfectly useable. ISO 2000 is noisy / grainy, as you might expect, but holds its colour balance.

I used Noiseware Pro, and the filtered image was fine. I still see posts claiming that the E520 has better noise characteristics .... but that is quite beyond me!

Comment

Originally posted by rich s View Post
      Ian - you are exactly right in your thoughts & conclusions about E30 noise.

Undoubtedly better than G1 and E520 (I have both) - and last night I was out till about 8.30pm - on the S.Brittany coast shooting up to 2000 ISO quite happily. So very low light. I find ISO 800 to be virtually noise free, 1600 perfectly useable. ISO 2000 is noisy / grainy, as you might expect, but holds its colour balance.

I used Noiseware Pro, and the filtered image was fine. I still see posts claiming that the E520 has better noise characteristics .... but that is quite beyond me!
      Hi Rich. Can we see some of those pictures - have You uploaded them somewhere to see?

regards
      Hans

Comment

Originally posted by 250swb View Post
        I wouldn't take any notice of anything AP said about any camera, never mind a brand such as Olympus which they don't understand and don't generally like anyway. AP is no longer the wise journal that it was, but a partisan rag with a number of inept journalists working for it.

Steve
        Accuracy 1
        Content 2
        Wisdom 1
        Delivery 2
        Relevance 1

Overall 14% = No need for the jury to retire. Throw away the key...

Comment

Originally posted by The Judge View Post
          Accuracy 1
          Content 2
          Wisdom 1
          Delivery 2
          Relevance 1

Overall 14% = No need for the jury to retire. Throw away the key...
          I've wondered whether this your posts are an experiment being carried out for some second rate social sciences course, but then again you could actually belive your own self importance

My rating so far

Composition 0
          Originality 0
          Relevance 0
          Common Sense 0
          Colour/Effects 0

Overall Score 0% NBF!

Ratings index %: 95-100 =Benchmark: 90-95 =Outstanding: 85-90 =Superb: 75-85 =Very Good: 65-75 =Good: 50-65 =Average: 35-50 =Poor: 20-35 =DNF (did not finish!): 0-20 =NBF (No Brain functions!)
          Take him down....
          FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
          The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
          http://www.shenstone.me.uk
          http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
          https://vimeo.com/shenstone
          http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by shenstone View Post
            I've wondered whether this your posts are an experiment being carried out for some second rate social sciences course, but then again you could actually belive your own self importance

My rating so far

Composition 0
            Originality 0
            Relevance 0
            Common Sense 0
            Colour/Effects 0

Overall Score 0% NBF!

Ratings index %: 95-100 =Benchmark: 90-95 =Outstanding: 85-90 =Superb: 75-85 =Very Good: 65-75 =Good: 50-65 =Average: 35-50 =Poor: 20-35 =DNF (did not finish!): 0-20 =NBF (No Brain functions!)
            Take him down....

Congratulations on your 1000th post Andy.

Regards. Barr1e
            Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Working...
            X