Something strange happening with my E-30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something strange happening with my E-30

Yesterday I was doing some portraits for some friends, when I was setting earlier in the day I had the camera in manual mode and when I turned the camera on I had no control of the Aperture both dials was changing the shutter speed.

It happened 3 times yesterday after the camera was power on from being shut off, also the Aperture values doesn't so on the back or top of the camera when this happens, if you turn the dial off manual and back it seems to work fine then, has anyone ever had this type of issue?
    10% Off Any Zenfolio Subscription - ZR4-GXW-P2R.
    E-30+HLD-4 | E-510 | ZD14-42 | ZD14-54 MkII | ZD40-150 | ZD50-200 | ZD35 | OM 50/1.8 | FL-36R

Re: Something strange happening with my E-30

I have had something similar with my E30. I normally only use "A" priority but sometimes when I switch on it boots up as "P" program mode, even though the dial says "A". Turning the dial to any other mode and then back to "A" sorts it out. Now I know this is a problem affecting at least other I will contact Olympus Technical to inform them, perhaps you could do the same. It might be a firmware problem rather than a mechanical one with the dial, but my firmware is up to date.

David
    PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

I had the same problem and sent my camera for warranty repair. It came back and all seemed well but the problem has started again I normally am on A; at times when I change to a different setting it stays there even though I have selected P, and at times I select M only to find I have P showing a switch off and on usually resets it. I will be contacting Olympus technical also.
      Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Hi David, I have got to do some more testing here, I have a HLD-4 grip on mine so I am going to give a few days without the grip and see what happens. This doesn't happen every time I turn it on which makes it annoying, and I haven't see it happen in another mode on boot up, like you I normally in AP mode, but when using studio strobes I have to go manual of course. So I think I'll try without the grip for a few days and see what happens.
        E-30+HLD-4 | E-510 | ZD14-42 | ZD14-54 MkII | ZD40-150 | ZD50-200 | ZD35 | OM 50/1.8 | FL-36R

Comment

I have to go dig out my original box for my E-30 so I can find the warranty information, here in Canada at the time I purchased mine I think there was a 5 year warranty on the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by iMac View Post
            I have to go dig out my original box for my E-30 so I can find the warranty information, here in Canada at the time I purchased mine I think there was a 5 year warranty on the camera.
            Through Olympus Canada it was 3 years on bodies and 5 years on lenses.

Well technically it was 1 year on each, you got the additional 2 or 4 years when you registered the item online. After registering you were sent to a web page with the extended warranty details that you printed out.
            It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Originally posted by David M View Post
              Through Olympus Canada it was 3 years on bodies and 5 years on lenses.

Well technically it was 1 year on each, you got the additional 2 or 4 years when you registered the item online. After registering you were sent to a web page with the extended warranty details that you printed out.
              Yes David you maybe correct, I knew there was a 5yr in there somewhere, so it may only be 3yrs on the body, if that's the case I maybe or the 3yr period, I'll have to go digging to see when I bought my E-30.

Edit:
              Well I just looked up the paper work on my E-30, purchase date was July 2009 so I guess we are still in the Warranty window.

Comment

Working...
              X