Broken E3-Repairable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken E3-Repairable?

This is my E3 that was put in camera bag with my Bigma fitted. Some person then threw bag in car and piled camping gear on top The weight and length of Bigma lens pulled the front ring off and one of the small screws has stripped the plastic that it screws into. Does anyone on here know if it would be repairable and if so any recommendations for a dealer/individual who would do such a repair. All thoughts on this welcomed.

If there is a more suitable place to put this on the forum please feel free to let me know or move it.
    There doesn't appear to be a Repair or Scrap Forum section
    Cheers. paul.

Re: Broken E3-Repairable?

Originally posted by stanlepf View Post

This is my E3 that was put in camera bag with my Bigma fitted. Some person then threw bag in car and piled camping gear on top The weight and length of Bigma lens pulled the front ring off and one of the small screws has stripped the plastic that it screws into. Does anyone on here know if it would be repairable and if so any recommendations for a dealer/individual who would do such a repair. All thoughts on this welcomed.

If there is a more suitable place to put this on the forum please feel free to let me know or move it.
    There doesn't appear to be a Repair or Scrap Forum section
    Cheers. paul.
    Sorry to learn of your misfortune, with regard to repair I would think your best bet will be 'Luton Cameras' ( www.lutoncameras.co.ukhttp://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-u...fyup0wodayig9a

Simon
    “Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
    ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Try and glue it back if only one screw stripped?
      CEX in Reading berks has one in the window, I cannot remember the price though. Hope this helps.
      Kind regards Mike
      http://www.wingsofnature.org

Comment

I have a spare body if it comes to that
        The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

Working...
        X