Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actuations Menu

Hey guys,

Need some help, I'm trying to get into the actuations menu on my E3.. I know you are supposed to open the card door and then do the Menu/ok ect to get to it. However When I open the card door, I get no message pop up on screen to say its open! For some reason my camera is not registering the door is open! What can I do to correct this and find out what my actuations are?

Regards!

Re: Actuations Menu

I've had the same, got my E-3 over a year ago and never been able to access the shutter count menu. Just tried again and I get the same as you, no 'door open' warning. Apparently the E-5 had the warning removed and has a slightly different procedure but that doesn't work either!!
    -
    My greatest fear is after I am gone my wife will sell my 'toys' for what I told her I paid for them!

OM-1n with 28, 50, 100 & T32, E-10 (now deceased), E-1, E-3, EOS1ds mk2 with L glass, Fujifilm X100T

Comment

Try Wrotniak, some good advice / info
      E3, HLD-4, ED 14-45, ED 40 - 150, ED 70 - 300, 35 Macro, Zuiko 50 -1:8, EC14, FL36, i-shoot remote trigger, RM-CB1, T20, Lightroom 5, Elements 9, Slik 800G Deluxe, Jessops MP223 Monopod, Tamrac Expedition 3, Tamrac System 3. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ians-piccys/. Twitter @ian_double_one

Comment

John Foster's site( http://www.biofos.com/cornucop/hidden.html ) is the place to find this information, not Wrotniak.

You may have got your instructions from this site but did you notice this part which may be relevant?

". Press the following buttons in sequence: ARROW PAD up, down, left, right; then press the shutter button; then press the up button on the arrow pad. If nothing happens close the card door, wait a couple of seconds and re-open it and try again. Press the buttons firmly and hold them in for about a second. Press the shutter button well in. "

Regards.
        Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
        OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
        Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Yep, tried all of that, pressing menu and ok together brings up the menu, press both again brings up the info screen and so on, ad nauseum!!
          -
          My greatest fear is after I am gone my wife will sell my 'toys' for what I told her I paid for them!

OM-1n with 28, 50, 100 & T32, E-10 (now deceased), E-1, E-3, EOS1ds mk2 with L glass, Fujifilm X100T

Comment

I guess there must be a problem with the card door sensor not picking up that it is open. Is there a pin that could be sticking?
            Iain

E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M5 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
            Flickr

Comment

Just tried that, the pin is free, guess it could be a dirty contact but have worked it a bit and still nothing. Not sure I feel brave enough to squirt switch cleaner into my treasured Oly!
              -

Comment

Working...
              X