and for My Mode

ISO100
    RAW
    Bracket 5 Frames @ 1EV
    High Speed Shooting.

What does everybody else have?

Chris

Re: Share your favourite 'Custom Reset' and 'My Mode' Settings

Although I have had my E-3 for almost twelve months I have never bothered with a custom reset or My Mode.
    Am I missing anything from my photography by not using them?

Dave
    Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Depends on how you look at it.

I have got into the habit of entering the custom reset as soon as i switch the camera on to avoid the situation i had a while ago where i had left the IS off and the ISO up and was wondering why my pictures were not as i expected them to be. So by doing a Custom Reset i am back to base settings before i start.

As for the My Mode settings, i often think "oooohh that would work better as a HDR" and a couple of key presses and i'm in my settings for HDR.

They are both very useful features and often overlooked by users.

Chris

Comment

Must admit I've never set either up (other than to play with), but when I saw your title my first thought was to set the camera up for church hdr.

It's nice to read that you had already thought of that.

Nick
        Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
        www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Mmm, I like the idea of an HDR setting as I have tried the ISO bracket feature a few times and got some good results. I am picking up my E-3 on Saturday following its (too) long holiday in Portugal (incompetant Olympus repair facility doing everything to it except fixing the thing that it went there for in the first place. Dohhh!). I no doubt will have to reset some things and maybe even reupdate the firmware prior to a Caribbean ( holday at the end of next week.
          Might even try a MyMode!

Dave
          Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Good reading for while on the plane.......

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e3-sett.html

Chris

Comment

Thanks for the link. Looks much more interesting (and understandable) than the c**p E-3 user's guide!

Dave
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              X