• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update to E3 firmware V1.2

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...firm/e1/e3.cfm

Mike

Re: Update to E3 firmware V1.2

Just Updated to 1.2 firmware. Took approx 3 mins in total, all seems ok. The funny thing is on initial inspection settings don't seem to have been reset? camera does state in menu ver 1.2
    Paul

Comment

Just updated to 1.2.

And my settings were not set back to factory defaults, e.g. my two my-modes were still configured as expected.

Looks like a very useful change to the update procedure

Comment

Certainly makes for a more user friendly experience not having to remember all the changes that you have made to the camera. Especially on a camera that is so customisable. Well done Olympus.
        Paul

Comment

It would appear from the DP Review site that the camera only resets to defaults if you have added an extra language.

Mike

Comment

Yes it was a relief to find that it hadn't reset like last time, well done Oly!

Steve

Comment

Just wondered if others are having problem. At the moment am getting a server error, which presumably is a fault with the Olympus server, but more worryingly when connecting the camera the information window does not show the camera as attached with current firmware version etc.

Comment

I've just updated mine (about five minutes ago) and had no problems. I'd hoped the new release might have addressed the battery problems but it doesn't claim to and doesn't do so.
                David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

apologies I should have put this up on here too.

Julia

dpnow.com/4869.html

Comment

Thanks for bringing the firmware update to my attention, I have upgraded with no problems at all.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Seems I have a software fault as when I connect either my E3 or E410 (in storage mode) Master or Studio seem to recognise that the camera is attached (i.e. I don't get a "camera not attached error message"), but the initial screen that shows the current version numbers appears but without any information on it, and if I try and update anyway I get a server error message.
                      I use an iMac running 10.5.3

Comment

Interestingly just tried the update using Windows running on my Mac, and it was ok. I wonder if there is a conflict with the latest version of Apple software?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulpp View Post
                          Interestingly just tried the update using Windows running on my Mac, and it was ok. I wonder if there is a conflict with the latest version of Apple software?
                          Paul - this is going to seem like a really dumb thing for me to say (no change there ), but I know Olympus updated the Olympus Master software quite recently to run with OSX Leopard. I was having terrible problems updating my firmware (I couldn't, basically), but once I'd updated to the latest Master software I've had no problems since, and I'm using an intel iMac running Leopard.

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but I'm new to the site - just thought I'd suggest it.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thea

Comment

Thanks - I thought I had updated to the latest versions but will re-check

Comment

Just updated with no problems.

Now you don't have to exit the Play mode - just half press the shutter like on E-500, - 400 and -510...

niels
                              Olympus OM-D E-M1, HLD-7, OM-D E-M5, HLD-6, E-3, HLD-4, E-400, ZD25/2.8, ZDED50/2.0, ZD11-22/2.8-3.5, ZD14-54/2.8-3.5, ZDED50-200/2.8-3.5, EC14, EX25, 2 x FL-50R, FL-36, Sigma 30/1.4, MMF-3, mZD12-50/3.5-6.3, mZD12/2.0, mZD45/1.8, mZD60/2.8MACRO, mZD75/1.8, mZD12-40/2.8PRO, mZD75-300/4.8-6.7II, Panasonic 1.7/20ASPH, Leica DG Summilux 1.4/25ASPH - Olympus OM-1 (35&100/2.8)

Comment

Working...
                              X