Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

    Originally posted by Melaka View Post
    You don't seriously think they're making a loss do you? The cost of launch promotions is always factored into the price somewhere.
    In theory there's no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

      Originally posted by Melaka View Post
      You don't seriously think they're making a loss do you? The cost of launch promotions is always factored into the price somewhere.
      Olympus need not have offered free HLD-4s to existing E-system owners. A lot of these people would have bought one anyway - even at the current prices, so Olympu is giving up the potential profit they could have had from those sales.

      The other fact is that unless you could prove you had an E-System camera already, you couldn't claim a free HLD-4 anyway.

      It's a limited offer, which is why there was a deadline to register your interest. Olympus would not be able to afford to run it indefinitely. So maybe, nothing is really for free, but let's not treat it as if it was some kind of con, shall we?

      Ian

      Ian
      Founder and editor of:
      Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
      Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
      Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
      Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
      NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

        Free giveaways and promotions usually come out of a manufacturers annual advertising budget so the 'cost' is spread over the company's full range of products and/or services. The E-3 freebies value would have been used elsewhere if not given to E-3 owners. I am therefore delighted to be getting two high value items which as far as I am concerned are free of charge. Thankyou Olympus! (Hope they are on their way!)
        Chris

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

          Originally posted by DerekW View Post
          However Olympus did ship out the missing items from the box very promptly
          sigpicDave

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

            Originally posted by Ian View Post
            Olympus need not have offered free HLD-4s to existing E-system owners. A lot of these people would have bought one anyway - even at the current prices, so Olympu is giving up the potential profit they could have had from those sales.

            The other fact is that unless you could prove you had an E-System camera already, you couldn't claim a free HLD-4 anyway.

            It's a limited offer, which is why there was a deadline to register your interest. Olympus would not be able to afford to run it indefinitely. So maybe, nothing is really for free, but let's not treat it as if it was some kind of con, shall we?

            Ian

            Ian
            I agree with Ian. I shall be happy to accept the two promotion items as the gifts that they are. Of course the cost will come from somewhere, they are after all a business. Why should we debate exactly how they may have been paid for out of Oly's budget. The important thing is that they were offerred and clearly had the desired affect of boosting sales at launch. The increased sales puts the camera in the minds of the photographic press and consumers. Not a bad bit of advertising.

            On another note though, they would have gained even more points had they geared up to auto reply (at least) to all those who claimed the promotions. Increased confidence miht avoid cynicism.
            Ian, have your contacts revealed when the promotions are to be shipped?

            PeterD

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

              Ian / Anyone

              I emailed the Imaging.News@olympus-europa.com address with my Paypal invoice attached. Do you think this will be sufficient, or will they require something more? It's been mentioned that a scan of the warranty card would help (even though it's not stated as a requirement anywhere in the promotion registration process).

              Like some other posters here, I haven't had any acknowledgement from Olympus of my "claim", and it all just seems a bit vague and hamfisted, characteristics which I've encountered in previous correspondence with Olympus. I'm sure it will all be resolved to everyones satisfaction, but it might be worth expressing through the "direct line of communication with Olympus UK" which this site offers, that Oly's relaxed, almost stoner, approach to communication may aggravate some of their customers.

              Anyhoo, back to that Paypal receipt - do you think it'll be enough?

              Thanks a lot
              Duncan

              Originally posted by Ian View Post
              I know what you mean, but in this case, Olympus UK are very keen to ensure that everyone who should be getting these promotional items - does.

              This site is has a direct line of communication with Olympus UK, so if there are any mishaps, help will be offered.

              Ian

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

                I photographed my original purchase receipt together with Visa form and sent that off with the email. It's as good as a scan surely?

                I am still not sure if I get the bag too...?
                John

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

                  Here is what I posted on the other thread on this topic on 14th December. I just emailed Olympus a scanned copy of the receipt from Park, having previously registered my cameras. No sign of despatch or delivery yet though. They really do need to sharpen up on customer service.

                  I've just received the following email from Olympus Europe

                  "Thank you for your purchase and registration. We have received your request for the back pack and the power grip and your application has been granted. It is now being processed and we thank you for your patience. We cannot tell you unfortunately when exactly it will arrive."

                  It's nice to have an acknowledgement at last, albeit exactly three weeks after I sent off the invoice. However I don't get much comfort from the fact they can't estimate a despatch, let alone delivery, date. Customer service is still getting a thumbs down from this user. The chance of getting the items within the 28 days I would consider reasonable does not look promising.
                  David

                  EM1ii, EM10ii

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

                    Originally posted by Melaka View Post
                    Here is what I posted on the other thread on this topic on 14th December. I just emailed Olympus a scanned copy of the receipt from Park, having previously registered my cameras. No sign of despatch or delivery yet though. They really do need to sharpen up on customer service.

                    I've just received the following email from Olympus Europe

                    "Thank you for your purchase and registration. We have received your request for the back pack and the power grip and your application has been granted. It is now being processed and we thank you for your patience. We cannot tell you unfortunately when exactly it will arrive."

                    It's nice to have an acknowledgement at last, albeit exactly three weeks after I sent off the invoice. However I don't get much comfort from the fact they can't estimate a despatch, let alone delivery, date. Customer service is still getting a thumbs down from this user. The chance of getting the items within the 28 days I would consider reasonable does not look promising.
                    I am hanging on the line as I speak, waiting for somone at Oly UK to answer the phone. Three times I have tried today. Every 5 seconds I hear the message, "all of our representetives are assisting other callers at this time, your call is very important to us, please stay on the line and your call will be handled in the order it was received."
                    It is very very frustrating. Oly UK could do with some lessons on customer service.

                    I give up! 10 minutes waiting. I will email them.
                    Dave.
                    sigpicDave

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

                      Originally posted by sapper View Post
                      I am hanging on the line as I speak, waiting for somone at Oly UK to answer the phone. Three times I have tried today. Every 5 seconds I hear the message, "all of our representetives are assisting other callers at this time, your call is very important to us, please stay on the line and your call will be handled in the order it was received."
                      It is very very frustrating. Oly UK could do with some lessons on customer service.

                      I give up! 10 minutes waiting. I will email them.


                      Dave.
                      No reply as yet, but I did get my battery grip this morning So all is not bad with Oly.
                      I know they must be busy at this time but I just wish they would answer my emails.
                      Dave.
                      sigpicDave

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

                        Hi Dave

                        I'm glad you recevied your grip, I'm still waiting and becoming a bit edgy.

                        I spoke to two customer service reps this morning, and neither was able to give me an answer on whether a Paypal receipt was sufficient, nor could they find out the details of any one individual claim against this promotion. I was advised to use the imaging.News@olympus-europa.com address (the one that hasn't responded to anybody) to pose any questions. Saying that "Oly UK could do with some lessons on customer service" is an understatement, and the frustrating thing is that it's relatively easy to fix.

                        I'm thankful that Oly build their gear to such high spec, because I don't fancy dealing with their "support" particularly often.

                        Cheers
                        Duncan

                        Originally posted by sapper View Post
                        I am hanging on the line as I speak, waiting for somone at Oly UK to answer the phone. Three times I have tried today. Every 5 seconds I hear the message, "all of our representetives are assisting other callers at this time, your call is very important to us, please stay on the line and your call will be handled in the order it was received."
                        It is very very frustrating. Oly UK could do with some lessons on customer service.

                        I give up! 10 minutes waiting. I will email them.
                        Dave.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

                          I received the HLD-4 grip a few minutes ago - I had not received any email acknowledgement that I had supplied sufficient information (I sent a scanned copy of the invoice and warranty by email as I did for the bag claim)

                          So all comes to those who wait <g>
                          This space for rent

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

                            Just had an e-mail from Olympus (I e-mailed them to ask about delivery times) which says "They do not know exactly when they (the HLD-4) will arrive but appreciate my patience"

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

                              Originally posted by dunkreid View Post
                              Hi Dave

                              I'm glad you recevied your grip, I'm still waiting and becoming a bit edgy.

                              I spoke to two customer service reps this morning, and neither was able to give me an answer on whether a Paypal receipt was sufficient, nor could they find out the details of any one individual claim against this promotion. I was advised to use the imaging.News@olympus-europa.com address (the one that hasn't responded to anybody) to pose any questions. Saying that "Oly UK could do with some lessons on customer service" is an understatement, and the frustrating thing is that it's relatively easy to fix.

                              I'm thankful that Oly build their gear to such high spec, because I don't fancy dealing with their "support" particularly often.

                              Cheers
                              Duncan
                              Two days after emailing them I still haven't had a reply re my 14-54mm lens repair. I almost dispair of them!
                              Dave
                              sigpicDave

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: E-3 Owners - Claim your free HLD-4 grip

                                Originally posted by sapper View Post
                                Two days after emailing them I still haven't had a reply re my 14-54mm lens repair. I almost dispair of them!
                                Dave
                                When the offer of a free portrait grip came out I tried to log in to find if I had my gear registered.I then realised I could not remember my password.Tryed to use the reset password on the webpage to no avail.I then sent an e amil to Olympus support to try to get a password reset,no reply.
                                I gave up with this and and re-registered(I had changed my e mail anyway).
                                Last Monday about two months after the mail to Oly support for a reset I received a mail with a password reset for my original account!!
                                Anyway all is well as I recieved my grip today.

                                All the best

                                Andy

                                Ps also had a birthday e mail from them that I would rather forget,my big 50.
                                Last edited by andym; 19th December 2007, 04:25 PM. Reason: some spelling changes
                                All the best

                                Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

                                Andy

                                Lots of cameras and lenses.


                                My Flickr

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X