Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compact Flash speed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Compact Flash speed

    Just received my new, second hand, E3 body. Thanks jima.

    What is the best speed to use for Compact Flash memory cards in the E3? There are 200x, 400x, 600x, Ultra, Extreme, Extreme Pro and so on and so on.

  • #2
    Re: Compact Flash speed

    Originally posted by The Trooper View Post
    Just received my new, second hand, E3 body. Thanks jima.

    What is the best speed to use for Compact Flash memory cards in the E3? There are 200x, 400x, 600x, Ultra, Extreme, Extreme Pro and so on and so on.
    Any ideas on the best write speed CF card to use?

    http://www.wexphotographic.com/compa...ortBy=0&View=1

    Does the E3 utilise these speeds 600x or 100MB/sec? I am currently using SanDisk Extreme III 2Gb, 4Gb and 8Gb.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Compact Flash speed

      I use Extreme and have no problems. See here for an alternative source http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/defa...46&go=GO&comp=

      You can also get an SD to CF adapter and use SD cards if you prefer.
      David

      EM1ii, EM10ii

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Compact Flash speed

        Can you give me details of the adapter I have been told some are too wide to fit an E30. Thanks
        Ed

        Live life in the slow lane.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Compact Flash speed

          Originally posted by The Trooper View Post
          Any ideas on the best write speed CF card to use?

          http://www.wexphotographic.com/compa...ortBy=0&View=1

          Does the E3 utilise these speeds 600x or 100MB/sec? I am currently using SanDisk Extreme III 2Gb, 4Gb and 8Gb.
          Yes the E-5 us UDMA compliant and can benefit (although not by a huge amount) from 300x and 600x UDMA cards.

          Ian
          Founder and editor of:
          Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
          Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
          Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
          Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

          Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
          Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
          Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
          NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Compact Flash speed

            Originally posted by Wee man View Post
            Can you give me details of the adapter I have been told some are too wide to fit an E30. Thanks
            Not sure about the E30 but they're certainly too wide for the E5. I use one in my E620 and used to when I had an E3.
            David

            EM1ii, EM10ii

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Compact Flash speed

              Originally posted by Ian View Post
              Yes the E-5 us UDMA compliant and can benefit (although not by a huge amount) from 300x and 600x UDMA cards.

              Ian
              I'm using the E3, does that make any difference?

              What I'm trying to get an answer for is, is there any benefit of using CF cards with 600x speed in the E3? Does the E3 write at this speed or shall I just stick to lower speed cards?

              Comment

              Working...
              X