Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

RM-CB1 Remote Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RM-CB1 Remote Control

Jamie

Re: RM-CB1 Remote Control

I agree, but my (extensive and expensive) experience of remotes is that some 3rd party ones will work perfectly, some will work for a while, and some will never work. Genuine Olympus ones just work and work. But they are overpriced.
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
      I agree, but my (extensive and expensive) experience of remotes is that some 3rd party ones will work perfectly, some will work for a while, and some will never work. Genuine Olympus ones just work and work. But they are overpriced.
      I purchased a cheapie from Hong Kong for my E-30 off Ebay but it needed a bit of filing to make it work smoothly. Although these cheap versions do the job they just don't have the feel for the genuine item. You get what you pay for. When the plug on my RM-CB1 fell apart Olympus replaced the whole remote control at no charge even though it was years out of warranty. You also have to be careful with RM-CB1 clones as some of them don't fit the camera socket properly and they push the socket into the body of the camera.

Steve
      Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
      Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
      My website

Comment

Absolutely you get what you pay for. When it comes to accessories I always ask myself the same question(s) - does it have the same functionality,how much am I going to use it,do I really care about the inferior quality,and waht impact will it have on my photography.

Sometimes I go for the cheapo lookalike,other times I pay top dollar because I want regular and long term use.
        Benedict
        ---------

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.

Comment

Last edited by jamie allan; 30th April 2011, 09:21 AM. Reason: spelling
          Jamie

Comment

Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
            Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
            My website

Comment

Working...
            X